Houzz Logo Print
ilse_braun

Area rug help - blue sectional

This is our family room. We are replacing the white mantle with a wood mantle that is the same color as our flooring, and painting the walls modern grey. The only furniture that has to stay is the sectionals I really want help with the area rug. I would love something neutral but also works with kids and is not rough. Any ideas? As well as if we furniture ideas?

コメント (7)

• Lyn Nielson
    昨年

if you are replacing the mantle to compliment the floor, I'd also change out the blinds with bamboo shade and add a drapery panel (with the rods at ceiling height) to soften the space.

Wayfair.com rugs.com and all the other ruggable type outles\ts have great options. Get something large, too skimpy will look like an island in the middle of the room.

Furniture is ON the rug.

I'd do a cream or ivory background with a faint blue pattern, medallion or border.

Floor lams for a bit of height, are you able to mount the TV on a wall?

a couple of swivel barrel chairs in a subtle pattern in the colors complimenting the rug.

Lots of options, have fun.

• Ilse Gagnaire
    質問の投稿者
    昨年

Lyn- how would you recommend hanging the shades? The windows are kind of a in a weird placement in the corner.

• Lyn Nielson
    昨年

they make a rod for windows like yours... a corner rod.

there are also DIY options, if you're handy.

• PRO
    Courtney Thomas Design
    昨年

Here we have a few rugs we have used in designs for our various clients. Please take note of them and various other decor items.

Hydrangea Heaven · 詳細

Hydrangea Heaven · 詳細

Family-Friendly Colonial · 詳細

Breezy Blue Home: Living Room · 詳細

• PRO
    DANE AUSTIN INTERIOR DESIGN Boston & Cambridge
    昨年

We added some designs we have done for our clients below. You might look to the rugs we used in each design along with other decor items.

Cambridge Luxury Loft · 詳細

Cambridge Luxury Loft · 詳細

Leather District Loft · 詳細

Charlestown Brownstone · 詳細

PR