Houzz Logo Print
webuser_208308464

Which living room floorplan is best?

We're looking to buy our first house (yay!), but we have a huge sectional that we aren't sure will fit in the living room. Are any of these layouts okay in your opinion, or is there another you'd suggest? I didn't run the sectional along the bay window because one of my wife's non-negotiables is putting the Christmas tree in the front window! Thank you :)

コメント (6)

• millworkman
    昨年

Is this all to scale?

• PRO
    User
    昨年

Have you considered moving the sectional for a month when it's Christmas time to one of these configurations? Having the TV on the South wall with the couch across would be ideal for viewing.

• RTHawk
    昨年

I agree - why base your layout on the few weeks out of 52 that you will have a Christmas tree?

• kandrewspa
    昨年

I like the first option if you're planning on putting the TV on an arm such that it can be moved so you can tuck it away when it's not on, or the last option if that doesn't put it too far away for viewing. The last option isn't as desirable because that means when you walk in you will be looking at the side of the TV. I'm assuming that's the front door right there. I get the whole Christmas tree idea, but maybe put it in front of the window this year but then live with it somewhere else after that? You can always put an electric candelabra in the window instead.

• PRO
    Debbi Washburn
    昨年

I don't think there is much option. The tv on the wall with the bench will be too far away. The sofa can't go anywhere else unless the Christmas tree is in a different location. If you put the tv on an angle as shown in the first 2, half of the sofa seats will not be able to see the tv at all because of the Christmas tree.

This really would be the best layout for the space

I know a tv shouldn't always be high priority, but during the holidays there are so many great movies and shows on. It is cold, so you aren't going to be outside. Maybe negotiate some great outdoor decorations that are much easier for everyone to enjoy.

Good luck

• User
    昨年

I wouldn’t buy a house based on my sectional fitting. Does the house check all your boxes otherwise? A sectional is a small investment versus a home. Debbi Washburn’s layout is best. You can always move things around during the holidays to fit the tree.