Houzz Logo Print
sarah_bernier57

Ideas? Huge wall with TV

Hello my design genius friends! I’m at a loss for what to do with this wall. Keeping the tv, but everything else can go. Any ideas? I was thinking maybe a brown tv stand with closed storage (I’m so sick of those square storage baskets and open shelves)

Any additional thoughts for the room would be great too. would love an area rug in the white or cream family but also that can hold up to kids and pets 😬

Fireplace mantle will be brown wood

コメント (11)

• Samantha McDermott
    昨年

Will the plant need to stay there to get sunlight? Have you looked into washable rugs? The tall shelving on the left is off balanced with the plant on the right. Have you considered a long console and mounting your tv?

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    昨年
    最終更新:昨年

Have you checked out Besta from Ikea it is awesome to configure to look like custom and you can do the TV at the proper viewing height , add clsed storage and even a bit of display. These are just 2 ideas

• Sarah Bernier
    質問の投稿者
    昨年

The plant isn’t a requirement... but would be difficult to move. We don’t have many other sunny spots to put it.

Yes I did consider a long console and mounting the tv. And then my husband promptly asked me why do we need to mount the TV if we have a console??? And I didn’t really know what to say to that, lol 😂

Would you recommend a washable rug? I’ve heard of them but I don’t know anything about them

• Sarah Bernier
    質問の投稿者
    昨年

@Patricia, thanks for the photos. Would you recommend white there? Or black? Or maybe a warm brown?

• Fori
    昨年

You're adding a mantel? Will the fireplace brick stay that color? it's very bossy. :)

• Sarah Bernier
    質問の投稿者
    昨年

@Fori the fireplace is still a work in progress. Planning to soften it up with some accessories... natural wood mantle, larger and softer artwork.

• acm
    昨年

I also like the idea of a long console, but it's perfectly ok to have the TV stand on the piece rather than hanging over it! :)

• decoenthusiaste
    昨年

Just for fun, try laying the tall cubby case on its side and using it for a TV credenza. Use the TV stand for a sofa table. Here are before and after pix of a similar dilemma I solved a few years ago by laying a tall bookcase on its side.

• Samantha McDermott
    昨年

I heard and read great things about ruggables. I like the idea of laying the tall cubby down. You could add some black or gold metal legs that could be found on Amazon. I also like the modern look but in a warm brown to go with your future mantel.

• PRO
    Kimberlee Marie Interiors
    昨年

It might be a good idea to look into a long, low console or you could look into doing built-ins. Below are some ideas from a few of our designs which might just help you more.

Snohomish Remodel · 詳細

Ballard Refresh: Family Room · 詳細

Ravensdale New Build: Living Room · 詳細

PR