Houzz Logo Print
robin_hoch222

Boring kitchen needs your help

rh
昨年

Just had kitchen painted. What can I do with these boring walls? I am not ready to paint or change cabinets. Thanks for your suggestions.

コメント (13)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    昨年

The walls look gray what was the resone for that color ? I need more info since you have already decided what you are not willing to do.I would do a fake roman shade in a print for the window and a big bowl of fruit on the "island" Make sure all the light bulbs are LED 4000K and IMO that is about all that can bedone if you do not want to paint the cabinets . I would have chosen a very soft sage green for those walls to enhance the wood .so something like this .So now use that color for sure somewhere in the print for the shade I often cut this color 25%

• la_la Girl
    昨年
    最終更新:昨年

If it were me I would add a custom bamboo shade across the top of the long window to bring in some texture and interest (outside mount it almost to the ceiling so it does not block any natural light) - I would add some white orchids and small airy ferns on the window ledge and then I would ruthlessly declutter the counters.

• PRO
    rh
    質問の投稿者
    昨年

@patricia...walls are alabaster.

• kandrewspa
    昨年

There's nothing wrong with the color except as you point out, it is a little blah in your kitchen. The window is so large - this is your opportunity to add interest. While bamboo shades are great for adding texture, I'm afraid the color would be too close to the cabinets and therefore lack interest. Look at roman shades. There are numerous online sites that make them in custom sizes and with different fabrics if you don't have a local source.

• PRO
    rh
    質問の投稿者
    昨年

@la la girl thanks. I like the fern idea.

• PRO
    rh
    質問の投稿者
    昨年

@kandrewspa.thanks. I will look into Roman shades. Good suggestion.

• schnoodlemom
    昨年

New cabinet hardware and maybe some glass panels in the uppers? I like the light green patterned shade idea.

• susan49417
    昨年

Pattered roman shade and then pull out a color for the seats of new bar stools and a rug on the floor.

• chloebud
    昨年

Lots of great suggestions. Roman shades would be nice, and I like Susan's suggestion to pull a color from them for the bar stools and a rug.

The Alabastr looks great!

• PRO
    rh
    質問の投稿者
    昨年

SeattleMCM...im a visual person so thank you for adding the Roman shade in a pattern. I am going to look around for something like that. Ferns and plants also a good idea.

• shirlpp
    昨年

There is so much space above the cabinets. Consider adding artwork.

Chapel Hill Residence · 詳細

• PRO
    Courtney Thomas Design
    昨年

The only things we can suggest if you don't want to paint, are to add different stools, a roman shade on the window, a colorful runner, and maybe some accessories in the kitchen with some color. Below are some ideas for you from a few of our designs which might help you more.

Altadena Modern Farmhouse: Kitchen · 詳細

Breezy Blue Home: Kitchen · 詳細