Houzz Logo Print
itsgoodto

Best hardwood engineered light oak, wide, 1/2 min thick, made in USA?

Kristina Holland
昨年
最終更新:昨年

Hi guys im trying to find the very best hardwood engineered wood that has the following criteria:

*at least 1/2 thick

*inner plywood (not MDF)

*truly sourced/made in USA or canada (basically just not anywhere w weird chemicals)

*at least 5 to 7 inches wide

*neutral light oak color

*smooth to the touch BUT matte (so not slippery for my dogs.

*a classic but modern light oak (that very neutral look you see just about eveywhere)

*large brand name so no trouble w future repairs or sourcing

*something our store and installer (w limited updated looks) can have shipped easily to them

*all install options available (glue float nail)

*something w a lifetime or decent warranty

does anyone know of a fail proof and really popular HW engineered that meets the criteria ? thanks so much!!!

コメント (5)

• PRO
    Unique Wood Floors
    昨年

There are so many good options, my friend. I would spend some time on Mirage, Lauzon and Mercier websites. Made in Canada. Their 3/4" white oak engineered wood floors with thick wear layers are my favorites. Check back if you have any questions. Good luck!

• PRO
    Uptown Floors
    昨年

"does anyone know of a fail proof ..."

Does not exist. Keep in mind, flooring is the most abused building material in the home. I would suggest adjusting your expectations.

• PRO
    G & S Floor Service
    昨年

If, you do not want to worry about sourcing a match in the future, then do a site-finished floor.

• PRO
    WoodCo
    昨年

Good Morning, we manufacture wood flooring in San Antonio, TX. We manufacture engineered with a baltic birch plywood backer. We typically do a 5/8" thickness with a 4.5mm wear layer or a 3/4" with a 6mm wear layer. https://www.woodco.com/news/what-you-need-to-know-before-buying-an-engineered-wood-floor/

Feel free to contact us with any questions.

• Debi Noice
    昨年
    最終更新:昨年

I am a recent customer of Uptown Floors and have only good things to say about the flooring I purchased from them for our new home built last year. The customer service and communication during the process is excellent. I have a large golden retriever and the floors and finish are looking great. I did a great deal of research and watched a lot of Ken's videos online. I also did research on the company in Ohio that manufactures and mills the flooring. I had to convince my builder to let me get our floors from this company and they were impressed. The guy who installed the flooring couldn't believe how nice the millwork and quality were. I went with the Hickory because I wanted the harder wood, but Uptown Floors also sells Oak. You will not be disappointed. I compared the samples I purchased from Uptown Floors to the best I could find being sold by local flooring companies and National brands, and there was no comparison. I almost went with Somerset engineered flooring, but the wear layer just wasn't thick enough considering I have a dog. I feel like I did my homework and hit the flooring jackpot when I stumbled upon Uptown Floors here on Houzz and took the time to check them out. www.uptownfloors.com. Visit their website and watch the videos. Every aspect of their flooring is explained, and you will get your questions answered. I felt their prices were fair and I got a lot better product for my money than I would have gotten by going with the companies the builder was suggesting. I got a much thicker engineered floor 3/4" with a 5.8mm wear layer that can be sanded multiple times in the future if need be. I guess being born and raised in Ohio, I knew if the Amish manufactured the flooring, it would be excellent. It is.

Also, it was a little scary trying to time the shipment of the flooring to my new home at the time the builder was ready to install the floors, but Ken Fisher worked with my General Contractor and made sure the flooring arrived when it was needed and not before. I won't lie, I was nervous ordering my new home's hardwoods off the internet, but it was actually the only thing about my new home build that went smoothly and turned out perfectly.

PR