Houzz Logo Print
tory_madden

Best type of sink for laundry

We are building a home with a combined scullery and laundry. We plan to have an oversized (hopefully 600mm) sink plus 400mm sink (both stainless steel) adjacent to one another for washing dishes. On the opposite side of the room I’d like a sink for washing clothes, stain removal, etc. I’m thinking undermounted would be best. What are the pros and cons of using a Belfast style sink vs stainless steel, or another option? I’m interested in durability, function, cost, and also being able to easily remove any chemicals (eg residual bleach) from the sink so that it doesn’t get on the next item of clothing. All advice welcome, especially if based on longer term personal experience! Thanks everyone.

コメント (3)

• bigreader
    昨年

If you’re going under mounted, just use stainless. You won’t see the attractiveness of a clay fired sink as under mount so you may as well save your money.

• dreamer
    昨年

Use stainless steel. There is a good reason why they have been around for decades.

• PRO
    Fontaine Industries
    昨年

Personally I would go with a stainless steel sink for stain removal and bleaching. Stainless steel sink is stain-resistant and easy to clean. They do not crack, chip or peel in long term use. Plus they will look good with your other two stainless steel sinks.