Houzz Logo Print
sv_usc

NJ Home - Curb Appeal Ideas

sv_usc
昨年

Hi,

We recently bought a home in NJ and while the inside is all updated the exterior looks very plain & boring. I am looking for ideas to improve the curb appeal - please help me with some suggestions on landscaping that would help spruce up the look.

The house is newly painted, so I don't want to change the paint color - just simple landscaping ideas please!

Thanks so much!

コメント (10)

• PRO
    User
    昨年

Your new home is adorable - Congratulations!

For something simple, I would designate the top portion of the horizontal walk as a garden bed with varied height plantings. I would also line your front walk with lights.

Good luck!

• chloebud
    昨年
    最終更新:昨年

Adorable, for sure! Love GEWD’s suggestion for plantings and lights. If there’s enough room, 2 black pots flanking the steps with colorful blooms could be nice. Maybe black pots with pretty blooms or topiaries that are more tall/narrow.

• decoenthusiaste
    昨年

Formal or casual. What's your climate like?

Tudor Lane · 詳細

Modern Landscape · 詳細

• violetsnapdragon
    昨年
    最終更新:昨年

What about just painting the---what are they called? The 'stripes' on the house a color that will give the exterior more contrast? Also, what about changing that paver path to the driveway to something curvy and then using the space it creates between it and the house as a flower bed?

• P Banos
    昨年

We've done well with boxwoods in NJ. If you set the walkway across the front into pea gravel, and added boxwoods it might work well. If you want something less formal, you could use a lower growing decorative grass. Or establish a bed of myrtle.

• Yvonne Martin
    昨年

It looks as if the left side of the yard is in shade, so I would think about a shade garden there. Maybe replace all that grass with ferns, hosta, sedges, wild ginger, etc. All of these are easy to care for once installed. You might contact a local native gardener group for suggestions--people might even have transplants to offer.

Then think about the sunny side as others have commented.

• mcpherson007
    昨年

Such a charming home, I love it ...Good luck and post after pics

• violetsnapdragon
    昨年

Ignore the person who used the word "awful." I could see doing mini boxwoods along the sides of the path to the street and maybe also under the window at the right. I also think azaleas to the right would have a less formal look. Best of luck in your new home!

• Irina Y.
    昨年

Great house , please do not change color of the house , it gives modern/transitional vibes . NJ has seasonal bushes and they can bloom for some extended time : Rhododendron, Azalea, Lilac (not so long blooming , but I like it ) . Pink weeping cherry tree or red maple can create accent. ARBORVITAE if you need privacy, and my favorite is pink magnolia. So bushes on left side , accent trees somewhere on right from the window (not to close ) and flowers or Azalea (did not grow tall) upfront of window.

• tfitz1006
    昨年

Lovely and traditional. I would re-think the paver path to the drive as it impedes somewhat your ability to put in a nice front garden. I think I'd be looking at classic NJ plantings - rhodies, azalea, hydrangea, maybe a row of boxwoods under the window and annuals in front of them. Maybe an ornamental tree on the front lawn, like dogwood or japanese maple. The good news....it's not that much to landscape and it will make all the difference in the world. I feel like this property also needs some roses somewhere. Maybe a brighter front door?

PR