Houzz Logo Print
gcowin

Backsplash help!

gcowin
昨年

Looking for some backsplash ideas to go with infinity white/florida wave quartzite countertops (pics attached).

I want something a little more ”fun“ and colorful, but dont want things to look too busy, either. My current thought is a seafoam green matte glass tile but I’m open to any/all suggestions! Perimeter cabinets are very light gray and island is blue.

Thanks!

コメント (17)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    昨年

IMO wait until the counter is installed to choose backsplash since all your items in the space will have an effect on your choice .Make sure all the lighting is LED 4000K too before choosing even wall color. IMO backsplash needs to have some connection to the counter top so is there green in the counter ?

gcowinさんはPatricia Colwell Consultingさんにお礼を言いました
  • L P
    昨年

Beautiful! You are doing the right thing by looking at all the samples together, hopefully in the space where they will be installed. Your gorgeous countertop is definitely the star, and the simple glass tile will allow it to shine. Since every monitor shows color differently, it can be difficult to see if the tile is picking up some nuance in the quartzite, but on my computer it looks great and I love it with the navy island. Good luck with your project!

gcowinさんはL Pさんにお礼を言いました
  • plf12652
    昨年

Agree with the above….since your island is blue then bring the blue to the backsplash.

gcowinさんはplf12652さんにお礼を言いました
  • gcowin
    質問の投稿者
    昨年

@Patricia Colwell Consulting thanks! great advice. There is green in the countertops, super faint, but its there :)

• T Jarmuth
    昨年

Love your cabinet colors. The samples looks like they are well built. Which cabinet company (name) did you choose?

• gcowin
    質問の投稿者
    昨年
    最終更新:昨年

@T Jarmuth Thanks! We went with Merillat cabinets (turns out they have the same parent company as Kraftmaid). We had Merillat cabinets in our previous house and loved them! Colors are Moonshine and Harbor :)

• chicagoans
    昨年

Wow your counters are gorgeous! They will definitely be the star, so something simple for the backsplash is in order. I like the green and I like the idea of blue. Once your counters are in place, you can post some new pics with a few tile samples propped against the wall. It's going to be so pretty!

• Fori
    昨年

I'd wait to be sure but based on what you show, the green glass would be my choice. :)

• coray
    昨年

It’s obviously a matter of preference, but the quartzite should be the star of your kitchen….I think green tile (since you already have a blue island) is going to be too much “fun”…..unless you just like lots of color and don’t mind a lot of different colors and materials. (I wouldn’t go that route, but that’s where preference comes in.)

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    昨年

You'll have to be careful in what you select and I agree that you should wait until the counters are installed.

You can do something 'fun' but it's likely not going to be a color,.......a texture instead.

gcowinさんはBeverlyFLADezinerさんにお礼を言いました
  • gcowin
    質問の投稿者
    昨年

@BeverlyFLADeziner oh, i like the idea of a texture vs. a color! thank you.

• Fori
    昨年

I have a tumbled glass tile in about that color in a bathroom and it reads rather mild. This is almost Not A Color. It's subtle.

On the other hand, the patterns and textures are bold elements. And they might look great! But they are more likely to fight the countertop for dominance than a peaceful monochromatic tile would.

You definitely have lots of options!

(I'd definitely avoid mixing stones in most cases. That usually ends badly.)

gcowinさんはForiさんにお礼を言いました
  • RedRyder
    昨年

Your stone is the star. You already have blue and gray. I agree you should wait till everything is installed, especially your lighting, before you pull the trigger on any backsplash tiles. I think something really plain is going to be the best idea so it doesn’t compete with that glorious countertop.

gcowinさんはRedRyderさんにお礼を言いました
  • User
    昨年

I would wait until all installed and pick backsplash last. Have to remember it will look different installed because your stone will be horizontal and the backsplash is vertical so the light will reflect in different ways

• rebunky
    昨年
    最終更新:昨年

I am invisioning the kitchen with that color palette. The moonshine perimeter cabinets, that gorgeous quartzite countertop laying horizontal, next to the soft pale green glass backsplash. Then the deep blue island with more of that quartzite. Maybe some beautiful wood tones mixed in.

I think it would be absolutely stunning! The color palette envokes in me the feeling of laying on a secluded beach. It feels calm, serene, peaceful, soothing, etc… Not busy at all imho.

Ok, I just realized why I am loving your color scheme. Check out the fabric that I have on my throw pillows for my sage green sofa! 😉

And then here is the wall color and front door color in my tiny cottage.

Ok I will quit now. 😆

gcowinさんはrebunkyさんにお礼を言いました
  • gcowin
    質問の投稿者
    昨年

@rebunky Thank you! And you’ve read my mind! ha, i should have mentioned that we’ll have light/natural wood tones as well, in the form of open shelving and legs for the island.

Love your fabric and front door area!