Houzz Logo Print
noreengbrogan

Main Bedroom Suite Bathtub

Please provide opinions on the surrounding cabinet for a drop in bathtub. Is continuing the floor tile up the sides of the bathtub cabinet (picture 1) more current than covering the surround cabjnet with molding/trim over wood (picture 2). This bathroom is in a transitional house. Thank you.

Palisades New Build · 詳細
A new home in the New York Suburbs · 詳細

コメント (9)

• suzanne_m
    昨年

I am not seeing much of the rest of the bathroom but I think surround cabinets with moldings would look nice. I must say I don't like the floor tiles around the tub. I would prefer the shower tiles

• noreengbrogan
    質問の投稿者
    昨年

Thank you!

• PRO
    M.S. Vicas Interiors
    昨年

This is a solid piece of stone on the face of the tub. The same as you on the countertop. It is a more luxurious and
    contemporary look.

• noreengbrogan
    質問の投稿者
    昨年

Thank you.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    昨年

Wood panels are often installed when the tub is a whirlpool and there has to be an access panel to reach the motor. Your selection depends on the style of the room. Wood would be more traditional.

• kandrewspa
    昨年

If you are getting a new vanity you should be able to get door panels to match to put on the front of the tub. That's what we did at our previous house. As another poster said, it is particularly important if it's a jetted tub so you have access to the working parts. It may never break, but if it does you either have to tear off the front tile if it's tiled, or try to get to it from underneath.

• noreengbrogan
    質問の投稿者
    昨年

Thank you!

• noreengbrogan
    質問の投稿者
    昨年

Thank you!

• danielpat
    昨年

Thank you!

PR