Houzz Logo Print
ssnave52

Foyer credenza decor

ssnave52
2年前

I plan to keep this piece in my foyer - please ignore the mirror and lamp. The pocket doors, on the left in the third photo, open to an office. A mirror would reflect attractive built-in, white bookcases. Any and all comments greatly appreciated.

コメント (9)

• PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    2年前

if you must do a mirror, I would go round in shape and larger.

• ssnave52
    質問の投稿者
    2年前

Mirror is not a must.

• ssnave52
    質問の投稿者
    2年前

I’m guessing that I’m not getting any feedback because my subject is boring or I simply didn’t clearly state my dilemma. I’d TRULY like some help.

This foyer is on north side of house, so, it’s a little dark. The credenza, obviously, is also dark. I’d like to hang a single piece of art or a large mirror above this piece.

The second issue would be lighting. Since there is a chandelier in the space I only need a lamp(s) for ambient lighting. The credenza is 39” high (69w x 19d) so I don’t want the lamp(s) to be too tall.

Art, mirror, one lamp or two, accessories - I need some guidance & inspiration.

Thank you.

• RedRyder
    2年前

Start with a colorful piece of art. Then consider sconces on either side to lighten it and the entire area. I think the mirror doesn’t do anything for the space or the console.

• PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    2年前

the credenza is very heavy for the space, I would consider not having it in there, going with something more open, a larger more colorful rug, everything here is brown and gray. If the credeza stays color is what you need to focus on or at least lighting the space it seems very heavy.

• hu818472722
    2年前

That is a very large (dense) piece of furniture for the small (not wide) space that it is in. The dark color makes it feels even more heavy and bulky. A console that has some open space at the bottom would help that foyer live a little larger and the round mirror would be a nice accent. This one is from Pottery Barn.

• PRO
    Design Directives, LLC
    2年前

This image is from a recent design we completed. Please note the artwork and various other decor we used.

Urban Ranch · 詳細

• RedRyder
    2年前

Also look at the very interesting multi-colored rug above. You need color in your entryway and the rug is too bland. If you love the furniture piece, everything around it must be brighter.