Houzz Logo Print
jenny_lynn70

2 Questions: 1st project & last project!! Also, really like your work!

2 Questions: 1st project & last project!! Also, really like your work!

1st project Question -
What about the stool in the kitchen near the sink, shelves, & window? Do you know any information on it, please?

Last project Question -
I have a collection of Alphonse Mucha original’s. I believe it’s the season’s? How do I find out for 110% certain that my Alphonse Mucha set is both original & certified (besides the certification located on the back of all of the frame’s, Please?

Really really Great Work & Just an Inspiration, really!!
Thanks so Much 🧡🥝🟠🥭🍊🍃🍑

Alhambra Spanish Renovation · 詳細

コメント (2)

• PRO
    Julia Chasman Design
    昨年

Hi Carolina! Thank you for your kind words about my work!

First of all the stool is an old vintage one which I had to do a lot of work on to make it stable enough to actually use it! Try thrift shops or Offer Up etc.

Now I happen to know a lot about Alphonse Mucha. My father owned an original Sarah Bernhardt poster, which I sold (sadly) -- it fetched about $7K even 10 years ago. There's no foolproof method for authentification but if you are able to look at the actual paper it's printed on -- that means out of the frame -- you should be able to tell a lot about it. Any signature might be either "in the block" meaning not an original signature on each print -- but ideally it would have both -- a printed one in the limited edition, and also a hand written one.

You have to take it to a good framer and have them open it (very carefully) and look at the actual work. There are art authentificators available but they charge a lot. I also use a paper restoration company called Fourth Cone Restoration - info@fourthcinerestoration.com, (818) 503-3030

7836 Alabama Ave

Canoga Park CA

They are very nice and you could call them and talk to them about options. It's not their main business to authenticate, but they are knowledgeable, and you could ask them how much they would charge to open one of them and look at it and talk to you about it. If they needed any restoration, I would totally recommend you use them for things like -- having an old poster remounted on linen backing, or cleaned professionally.

The truth is - if you are buying these prints, or considering that, then the main concern would be the reputation of the dealer. If they're known and respected and the price is what you would expect -- chances are the art is what they say. But if you're buying privately then ask about the provenance; that is the main tool to authenticate. Where did they get them? From whom, when and where and how much did they pay (roughly) etc.

Good luck with this!! And thank you again for following my work. I hope you will also follow my Instagram feed @juliachasmandesign.

All best,

Julia

• Carolina Jessamine
    質問の投稿者
    昨年

Hi Julie!!
    Thank You so much for getting back to me!! Your work is amazing by the way!! Also thank you incredibly for the Mucha information! That will help me a whole whole lot!! And no, I'd never go to an improper framing place for such works of art! Lolz!! 😊
    I would follow you on Instagram but unfortunately ALL my Social Media accounts & my passionate Etsy shop were hacked & stolen years ago!! ☹️
    My bests go to you as well!!
    -"Carolina"-