Houzz Logo Print
theattachedmama

Black or Brass Hardware for my kitchen

Hi Everyone,

We are working on a kitchen remodel. We have white, shaker style inset cabinetry going in (crown molding to be added still) and Quartz Calcatta Oro counterops being put in. Our floors are a warm wood color (with a lot of red tones mixed with black.) Our appliances are stainless. And we haven't picked out our backsplash yet.

Would you go with black or brushed brass hardware?

In progress kitchen picture:

Counterop Slab Image:

Upclose of pantry with a possible brushed brass handle:

Doors on this floor of the house are black with bright brass hardware. Wall Paint color will change (to be decided). (Doors need touched up, but this gives you an idea):

Possible Lights above island:

コメント (11)

• meanduschi
    2年前

Personally, I would go with black. But you should really know what paint color and backsplash you're going with first. Hardware is the jewelry you add after the outfit has been picked.

• rebunky
    2年前
    最終更新:2年前

I think your beautiful kitchen with the stacked upper cabinets and your other decor items lean more modern farmhouse style. Brass to me doesn’t fit in as well as the black or an oil-rubbed bronze. Black would tie in the accents I see like pendants chosen, the black dining chair, door, and even the cute animal wall art which leans farmhouse.

I have a similar look in my kitchen with white shaker cabs with glass stacked uppers, dark pendants, and reddish tone wood floors. My house is on a farm too, so I guess it‘s sorta farmhouse style. :) My countertops are dark though.

If it helps, these are the pulls I used. Amerock Revitalize in Oil Rubbed Bronze. I picked them because I liked how the arch stuck out far enough for fingers to grab and not touch the white paint and get it dirty. The glass and bronze knobs went on the glass stacked uppers.

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    2年前
    最終更新:2年前

Both would work. I had the same dilemma, I went with golden champagne (not such a bright ,not brassy) hardware. Now I think black color would be more modern and look better.

https://www.amazon.com/Amerock-BP40515PN-Center-Center-Polished/dp/B01MSBQBRO?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1

• Lyn Nielson
    2年前

brass

• daisychain Zn3b
    2年前

another vote for brass

• julieste
    2年前

I was contemplating black pulls and handles but read here on some thread to be careful because often the black will chip and not look good on down the road.

• calidesign
    2年前

I'd use the brushed brass. It's personal preference, but I think white kitchens look less busy with lighter colored handles instead of black. You can use black for your lighting fixtures.

• PRO
    Amy Peltier Interior Design & Home
    2年前

We wanted to share with you some of our kitchen designs. Take note of the pendants, hardware, and backsplashes used.

Modern Ranch · 詳細

New Build · 詳細

Kitchen Remodel · 詳細

• PRO
    Pearl Remodeling
    2年前

dont be afraid to use black, we think it would look splendid with your color scheme. Check out some of the kitchens we have done with a similar scheme. https://www.pearlremodeling.com/home-improvement/kitchen-remodeling/

• User
    2年前

I wanted to say the brass. In that one isolated pic of the pantry, it looked beautiful. but I really think with your floors, black is best, and will also coordinate with the pendant lights you like. Please tell me you are replacing the boob light as well!