Houzz Logo Print
sky1122

Do you think this vanity has been out of style already?

sky1122
2年前

I bought this vanity a while ago. As our project got delayed, I feel this style is outdated now. I am debating on keeping it or exchanging to another one.

What do you think? Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.

コメント (15)

• chloe00s
    2年前

Depends on the style in the rest of the house? If it’s very traditional, this works. If not, I would go with a more updated look.

sky1122さんはchloe00sさんにお礼を言いました
  • chloe00s
    2年前

The black knobs on white are more current, but not the side columns…

sky1122さんはchloe00sさんにお礼を言いました
  • sky1122
    質問の投稿者
    2年前

@teamaltese @chloe00s This is a 48 inch vanity which is the largest size for my space. I do not have a lot of traditional style in my house, but not modern either. My house is more on transitional side.

• suezbell
    2年前

I like the look of it the small drawers -- even if there are four instead of eight.

Cleaning underneath it might be a chore.

sky1122さんはsuezbellさんにお礼を言いました
  • thinkdesignlive
    2年前

Context is everything. We need more info like others have said. Also, will this be truly freestanding or between walls or against a side wall? Only the first option really makes sense with this type of vanity

sky1122さんはthinkdesignliveさんにお礼を言いました
  • sky1122
    質問の投稿者
    2年前

@thinkdesignlive The wall for this 48" vanity is 52 inches wide next to the door. I could do freestanding.

My bathroom is smaller, but the tiles are similar to the tiles on this picture. The wall tile is marble looking, but not as busy as this one.

• thinkdesignlive
    2年前

Please post a plan and all materials you are considering. I’d say that putting a 48” vanity in a 52” spot is not wise planning. You will have a sliver of a space to try to clean next to the wall. Also, backsplash for vanity? The vanity you chose really works best when it’s truly freestanding- with no side walls within feet of it at each side. The side columns need that physical visual space or it screams ‘wrong’

• sky1122
    質問の投稿者
    2年前

@thinkdesignlive This bathroom is only 108*90 inches. I will do the whole 90 inch wide wall( part of shower +part of toilet) +36-40 inches on the other side of the shower the same marble looking tile. On the floor I am doing light gray mosaic in the shower and white tile on the rest of the room. The vanity top comes with 3 inch backsplash. I will just use it since I want to keep it simple for a small room like ours.

The old vanity we removed was a customized vanity which sit by the side wall.

Hopefully I explained everything clearly.

It seems like I have to find another one. But as right now, all the customized vanity takes a long time to deliver.

• thinkdesignlive
    2年前

You don’t have to do custom but you should do cabinets with filler strips that meet the wall. A simple backsplash is fine but I don’t think that vanity works in the conditions you describe.

sky1122さんはthinkdesignliveさんにお礼を言いました
  • Charles Bingley
    2年前

I think it looks beautiful. And I also say traditional is timeless. White is neutral and I think the columns add a bit of character to the piece. If you want to update it install a below mount sink.

sky1122さんはCharles Bingleyさんにお礼を言いました
  • Mrs Pete
    2年前
    最終更新:2年前

It's okay. Nothing special, but does a vanity need to be special? It's basic enough that it isn't going to come/go in/out of style.

I'd rather see one without the "pillars" on the edge, and I'd rather have four large drawers /the sink offset rather than eight small drawers. Of course, those things probably aren't options.

sky1122さんはMrs Peteさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Courtney Thomas Design
    2年前

Here are a few vanities we have used in designs for clients. Perhaps if we can see the rest of the bathroom or materials that you will be using we can give a better answer on if that vanity is dated or not.

Altadena Modern Farmhouse: Bathroom · 詳細

Shepherd's Lane Residence: Bathroom 2 · 詳細

Shepherd's Lane Residence: Bathroom 1 · 詳細

sky1122さんはCourtney Thomas Designさんにお礼を言いました
  • Ac Lb
    2年前

I love it! You can’t go wrong with white-it’s timeless.

sky1122さんはAc Lbさんにお礼を言いました
  • sky1122
    質問の投稿者
    2年前

Thanks to all of you. Already sold the vanity on Facebook. Trying to find another one.