Houzz Logo Print
alihopper

design and decorating help

Ali Ross
2年前

Need help, arranging furniture, walls, new floor? New ikea couch covers (light grey/beige)? This family room needs help, I like the modern country look, any advice

コメント (22)

• User
    2年前
    最終更新:2年前

I guess I would get another couch and put it facing the windows. It’s a nice view! Maybe I would put a pair of small rocking chairs facing the new sofa so people could talk or read by the window.

Modern Style Molded Plastic Armchair, Rocking Mid Century Ash-Wood · 詳細

and sofa pillows

Microsuede Deco Pillow - 18x18 - Feather And Down Filled Pillows - Pack of 2, Re · 詳細

Red Nautical Striped Throw Pillow · 詳細

Modern Eye Linen Pillow, 18"x12" · 詳細

How about putting the map over the desk and getting something jazzier for that wall?

"Allegro" by Vintage Apple Collection, Canvas Art · 詳細

Vintage Lavoie 'Ads Local 17' Canvas Art, 30x47 · 詳細

Suprematist Wall Mural, 96" x 142" · 詳細

Vintage Lavoie 'Travel 15' Canvas Art, 12x19 · 詳細

Marx Brothers, Swedish, At The Circus 01, 21x30 · 詳細

• btydrvn
    2年前

Looks like you have made some good choices so far………the next step should address furniture arrangement …….if the couch was situated so you could also enjoy the view ………and the tv was placed on a wall that would not reflect the light from the windows ……..that would be a good start…….try the arrangement as if the tv was on the wall where the map (?) is would solve both problems and looks like it would improve the view of the room from the entry point………leaving the fireplace a nice spot for a comfy chair for reading,….light weight enough that it can be pulled into the seating group when you have extra guests

• Ali Ross
    質問の投稿者
    2年前

Thanks for the tips so far, the windows look at our driveway and road, so not a view we like the tv would be a pain to move as it was build with the fireplace wood wall, but could be redone if needed I guess

• Ali Ross
    質問の投稿者
    2年前

Btydrvn you have some good suggestions, and even my husband is open to the idea of moving the tv to where you suggested, we could just put a picture where tv was, but what do you suggest the wall to look like, where the tv would go (where the map is now)

• btydrvn
    2年前

It looks like the tv is pretty big... I would start with a long narrow table like the one behind the couch beneath the tv... first try moving the couch ...then tape a square the size of the TV on the wall to center it on the couch if possible and see how much space is left... usually a corner like this is a nice spot for a big pot with a small palm tree .. for a striking silhouette

• btydrvn
    2年前

With these things in place you can see if anything else is needed.. your aesthetic and furnishings infer a spacious and un crowded vibe that is appealing .. I would keep that feeling

• Ali Ross
    質問の投稿者
    2年前

Would I have to give up the behind couch table, I really find it useful with the kids

• btydrvn
    2年前

The next step would be to consider where a couple small moveable tables will be needed for the couch seating

• btydrvn
    2年前

Not necessarily... but how do you use it for the kids?..

• Ali Ross
    質問の投稿者
    2年前

Ok I think I know what you mean…

• btydrvn
    2年前

It may be too long against the wall in any case

• btydrvn
    2年前

?

• Ali Ross
    質問の投稿者
    2年前

I was hoping to keep the same system, with it behind the couch, with the stools, to eat, draw, homework

• btydrvn
    2年前

That can work.. perhaps just one long shelf under the tv?..

• btydrvn
    2年前

Maybe in black?

• btydrvn
    2年前

Or a longish low storage unit ... for toys and kid stuff?

• Ali Ross
    質問の投稿者
    2年前

Yes definitely some kind of tv shelf under tv, I was think of lightening up the colour scheme, I was thinking lighter beige couch covers, maybe a light wood floor with an area rug…

• btydrvn
    2年前

Lighter washable couch covers good idea with kids… carpet is more kid friendly if they are young…and LVP is less maintenance than real wood…we have this color Coretec LVP with wool area rugs…and one thick shag rug for texture

• Ali Ross
    質問の投稿者
    2年前

Yes I’m think laminate or vinyl plank flooring and a big rug, maybe something farmhouse style

• PRO
    Courtney Thomas Design
    2年前

It looks like you might be able to place another couch or two chairs behind your current sectional. That would allow you to see the view and also the TV.

Wilmar Blvd. · 詳細

• Ali Ross
    質問の投稿者
    2年前

Yes we used to have a small brown leather couch under the map, with a coffee table, it looked ok, I have started to get rid of most stuff in the room so I can start fresh

• Ali Ross
    質問の投稿者
    2年前

I’m not sure what style I like, but a mountain, coastal, modern living room

PR