Houzz Logo Print
sofisct

Dishwasher and Bins position

Sofia C
2年前

I feel like the bin and dishwasher positions should be swapped around, but not sure if that's possible. Would swapping be highly recommended or am I overthinking it?
If it wasn't possible to move the dishwasher to the other side, would there be a better spot for the bin, or ok to leave where it is?
Struggling to visualise the flow.
Dining area is opposite the breakfast bar.
I was thinking of having the dish drainer on the left hand side of the sink which would be above the bin.
TIA

コメント (8)

• PRO
    Larkspur Lane Design
    2年前

There is definitely some overthinking going on, but that's natural! I think the layout shown looks fine. I think you would end up with congestion in the kitchen if you moved the D/W to the left of the sink - it would open up right in front of the cooking zone.

• dreamer
    2年前

Which way would you naturally work cleaning the scraps of dishes before putting in the dishwasher? do you naturally put the dishes in washer with your left hand or right hand?

• kiwimills
    2年前

Your using the bench...if that is mainly where bin is...move bin.
    I HATE having to push back when people 'need the bin'
    If it's where dishwasher is...then leave it.
    Depends which bench u use the most and where...will determine where bin should go (I.e, to side of that. )
    Not right where u stand .
    IMO

• Kate
    2年前

Can you put a bin in the angled cabinet?

• Reno Hater
    2年前

I would put the bin closest to where I’m going to be doing food prep.

• Sofia C
    質問の投稿者
    2年前

Thanks everyone. We are going to leave it as is. I don't want the dishwasher too close to the cooking area.

• Sofia C
    質問の投稿者
    2年前

Thanks everyone. We are going to leave it as is. I don't want the dishwasher too close to the cooking area.