Houzz Logo Print
jena_lea

The Towel Rail Dilemma

Ralflo
2年前

I am planning the renovation of a tiny bathroom - 1850 x 1820. There is room for a shower and vanity only. The plan is to use a open glass panel shower screen (1000mm) along the 1820mm wall. I am installing a combination rain/handheld shower. Given the layout of the room, I’m struggling to find a decent space for a towel rail. The designer suggested hooks - but I am fairly vehemently opposed to the idea - I think they’re a bad idea in humid Queensland conditions.

Question: Are my towels likely to get wet if I place towel rails on the wall at the end of the shower space (1820mm)??

If they are, then I’m looking at trying to build a niche behind the door so that I can hang the towels there and still open the door fully.

A pocket door isn’t on the cards. I have toyed with the idea of an outward opening door, but the bathroom is located in the middle of a hallway which services three bedrooms…..

I’d be grateful for the thoughts of the Houzz brains trust.

Thoughts?

Ignore the shower screen and vanity measurements in the attached drawing - I’ve decided on a 1000mm glass panel and a 750mm vanity and recessed shaving cabinet mounted flush with the left hand wall. I have also decided not to go with the tiled bench seat in the shower - I’ll use a freestanding seat if I end up needing one!

コメント (6)

• PRO
    Larkspur Lane Design
    2年前

Yes, your towels will get a little damp opposite a rain-style showerhead. If you are determined to have one of those, it might be worth looking at enclosing the shower. You could always make the shower space wider rather than longer, then you will have a dry floor area to put your bathmat, instead of right behind the door! The towel rail could then go across the middle of the wall and have the opportunity to dry properly (especially if you get a heated one).

• Kate
    2年前

Can you move the door 100 mm up and then put rail behind door. 1800 should be fine though for rail in that wall. Or look at a swivel rack that you can rotate out of way.

• Kate
    2年前

Example

• Kate
    2年前

You can get heated. There r several options

• Ralflo
    質問の投稿者
    2年前

Kate, I wish I could move the door, but the expense of that is well outside my budget