Houzz Logo Print
bhavjot_brar

tile decision dilemma

Bhavjot Brar
3年前
最終更新:3年前

We are looking at Calacatta polished look porcelain tile vs ocean stone White polished porcelain tile for the main living/family room
The house is big, what will be best considering we want to sell in 2 years.

House is situated in Sydney.

Edit: Might go for soft matt finish as suggested by commenters, but what pattern?

Ocean stone or Calacatta.

コメント (20)

• Bhavjot Brar
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

Calacatta

• Bhavjot Brar
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

Ocean stone white

• dreamer
    3年前

Is this tile for floors, walls, bathrooms or family rooms???

Bhavjot Brarさんはdreamerさんにお礼を言いました
  • robandlyn
    3年前

I would be put off buying any house that had heaps of shiny tiles - they are a pain to keep looking nice.

Bhavjot Brarさんはrobandlynさんにお礼を言いました
  • Bhavjot Brar
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

Tiles are for living room/ family room

• bigreader
    3年前

Where is the house located? In a tropical environment tiles are the norm. In less warm area tiles cane look and feel cold. I don’t like large expanses of shiny tiles, I prefer a more matte finish but this may not be the style you’re going for.

Bhavjot Brarさんはbigreaderさんにお礼を言いました
  • dreamer
    3年前

I also dislike shining tiles in large family room/living room/dining room/kitchen expanses.

i prefer a matte tile.

however, what demographic is your surburb? I find that Asian/Indian, new Australians, seem to love this look. But sorry I would cover all the tiles in textured earthy rugs, if I had to purchase a home with shiny tiles.

• siriuskey
    3年前

I prefer Calacatta in large low polished finished tiles, what size did you have in mind and how would they be layed.

Bhavjot Brarさんはsiriuskeyさんにお礼を言いました
  • Bhavjot Brar
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

will go for 600*1200 large format tiles. might go for matte finish but what pattern shall we go for ocean stone or Calacatta

• Bhavjot Brar
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

house is situated in Sydney

• dreamer
    3年前

From the two choices i would prefer:

Ocean Stone.....matte finish.

• siriuskey
    3年前

Have you looked at Colortile, Aquitane beige in French pattern 408 x 614

• siriuskey
    3年前

or Grigio for a cooler tone. My earlier post should have said that my friend used 408 x 614 throughout, bathrooms had the same smaller tile and then carpet in bedrooms, it looks a million dollars

https://colortile.com.au/product-category/aquitaine/

• bigreader
    3年前

I do love a French pattern in a Matt sandstone coloured tile but that’s my taste. For the two choices offered I’d select Ocean Stone in a Matt with a pale grey grout.

• PRO
    Tailored Space Interiors - Interior Design
    3年前

Ocean Stone, Matte Finish would be our suggestion! Easy to work with and not as dramatic. You want buyers to be able to envision their own furnishings in the home, not be so distracted by the tiling.

• siriuskey
    3年前

Do you have any photos of your home and the rooms that you want to use the tiles, I love the size of the Calacatta Tiles but with a matt finish

• siriuskey
    3年前

This is one of the best Tile sites I have seen you are shown the tile with an example of it laid in a room. There 240 Porcelain tiles to look at

https://westerndistributors.com.au/product-category/tiles-melbourne/porcelain-tiles-melbourne/

• jan smith
    9か月前
    最終更新:9か月前

Personally, I really like the Calacatta polished porcelain tile for the main living/family room. It has a sleek and elegant look that can add a touch of sophistication to your space. I actually have a similar tile in my bathroom, and it really enhances the overall aesthetic. As for making decisions, sometimes it's tough to choose, right? Whenever I find myself stuck, I like to add a bit of randomness to the mix. You can try flipping a coin or rolling a dice online using https://flipsimu.com/dice-roller/roll-d4/ to bring some excitement into the decision-making process. It's a fun way to add a little twist to the choice

• robandlyn
    9か月前

old post