Houzz Logo Print
wish69

ideas for living room decorations

wish69
3年前

Hello again all,
This time I need your help for our living room decoration,
We are not going to change or buy anything new big furniture as much as possible 🥴, but happy to move the existing ones, add small decorative stuff.
What do you think overall about this room?
Where should we move the accent chair to?
What about the side table ?
Do we need more side tables?
Are the plant and long standing light in right spot?

Thanks heaps,
Wish you all a great Monday .

コメント (20)

• Kate
    3年前

For me there is too much brown and the plant is too high. I’d also ditch the brushy thing. The three tall objects are the same height which I am not keen on, too much symmetry. Maybe change the ball shade to a cream.
    Not keen on the doilies but that is taste,

wish69さんはKateさんにお礼を言いました
  • Kate
    3年前

Check out this post for some colour and texture choice with cushions https://www.houzz.com.au/discussions/6075328/contrast-colour-help-please

• wish69
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

thanks Kate for your always great ideas :). what do you think about the armchair? where should I put it? do we need extra side table next to three seat couch? is the existing side table next to armchair too big? should I move it next to three seat couch and get a small one for armchair?

sorry too many questions :) :)

• Kate
    3年前

Maybe move the live plant to the corner where the brushy one is and put the table where the plant is. Then get a smaller round table for the chair. The chair could move back but keep it. I’m not keen on dead flower arrangement on table. Julie might have som styling ideas.

wish69さんはKateさんにお礼を言いました
  • wish69
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

thanks Kate :)

• dreamer
    3年前

Your room appears dark. I would bring in cream colours to lighten up the room. Maybe change the curtains to a cream fabric with the wall colour flecked through it.

i would move the orange cushions to another room. replace with cream, textured fabric cushions and a cream throw. Cream accessories will compliment your painting on the wall and the single chair.

i would remove tall brush thing. Remove tall ball thing, if it is a lamp, then change the ball to cream. Put tall green plant in the corner where the tall ball thing is.

you know how many people use the room and what side tables are required, that is up to you and what is practical and gives ease of movement around the lounges.

wish69さんはdreamerさんにお礼を言いました
  • dreamer
    3年前

Maybe move the ball light, to next to the single chair. This can make a cosy reading spot.

• julie herbert
    3年前

Hi, Lovely room, I like what you have done, you could swap large plant to where brush is, unless you could try adding texture with cushions and throws, unless you absolutely love orange I would go something more serene to blend in with your painting ,re do coffee table with some precious pieces, maybe add a lamp next to feature chair, this would then tie in with your lovely rug.

wish69さんはjulie herbertさんにお礼を言いました
  • julie herbert
    3年前

Lovely ideas dreamer, we think alike

• bigreader
    3年前

Can you post some pics without the wide angle? It’s hard to get an idea of proportions with the current pic. I think think the chair is lonely in the current arrangement and a pair of chairs may sit better. The table next to it is definitely too big. As suggested above move it a corner. As much as I love lamps the ball lamp and the floor lamp look odd. I’d love to see a pic without the lamps and doilies to get a clearer view.

wish69さんはbigreaderさんにお礼を言いました
  • wish69
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

thanks Julie, great points. and I love the photos you sent, beautiful taste.

bigreader, thanks a lot for the comment, I will send more photos tonight.

• wish69
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

Bigreader,
    These are more photos from different angels.

• dreamer
    3年前

I Still think the same. Remove orange, replace with cream. All as my previous post.

wish69さんはdreamerさんにお礼を言いました
  • wish69
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

thanks so much dreamer :)

• siriuskey
    3年前

You have lovely rooms, as others have suggested update the cushions, try swapping the ball light with the palm, Place both coffee tables side by side and move the single chair around a bit so that you form a cosier space and can also see outside,

Both the wall hanging and the mirror need to be lowered. That bushy thing and what is next to it could be replaced with a narrow side board or book shelf

wish69さんはsiriuskeyさんにお礼を言いました
  • wish69
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

thanks Siriuskey for the great comment. I am glad you saw and mentioned the mirror in dinning room. I thought it's a bit too high, so we need to lower it a bit more.

• siriuskey
    3年前

I always stand in front of a mirror and single wall hangings and have them at eye height, I'am 5'6, so if you are 6' 6'4 like my sons that changes it a bit, just try to work with average height. If the object is tall use the lower level that you would use for a square or rectangle. The mirror guessiing 40cm lower or 10cm above the sideboard, try standing it on the sideboard first as it will help you visualize it, and the painting 20cm

• Lyn Fisher
    3年前

A coat of paint will bring this room to life. A warm white like Dulux Snowy Mountains half or quarter strength on the walls and trims. Its a cost but worth it if your keeping existing furniture.

wish69さんはLyn Fisherさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Tailored Space Interiors - Interior Design
    3年前

I would recommend removing one of the plants from the space. Maybe move the side table onto the left hand side of the sofa against the wall (closest to the hallway). I would also recommend injecting lighter neutral colours into the space to give it a little lift from all of the other darker colours present.

Regarding the single chair, does it get used by the family or is it just there because you have no where else to put it? It could it be moved into the corner on the tv side where you currently have a plant?

wish69さんはTailored Space Interiors - Interior Designさんにお礼を言いました