Houzz Logo Print
cece_m22

Rustic living room and kitchen help!

Cece m
3年前
最終更新:3年前

I need ideas on renovating my rustic living room and kitchen. Please suggest some ideas on how I can make changes to look more modern rustic or contemporary rustic.

The kitchen will be completely renovated with new cabinets and flooring. What color kitchen cabinets will look good? I like white kitchen cabinets, I'm worried whether this will match with the rustic ceilings in the dining area. Please share your thoughts and suggestions!

コメント (9)

• sansira
    3年前

Love the ceiling. Want to cover my stipple with wood! You can get away with some very trendy looks with a rustic ceiling and I think by mixing styles you can get something more time resilient. I actually came across magazine clippings I had from 12 years ago that are fitting today - black windows, Asian influence, rustic wood, simplicity, a hint of industrial. White would be good, you could also go darker or even a different wood finish. Some open shelving would be nice if you can have open storage and spare some space. I think your living room has a lot of potential if you redo the fireplace and flooring. Look at scandi and wabi-sabi style for inspiration.

Cece mさんはsansiraさんにお礼を言いました
  • Felix Pradas
    3年前

Begin by removing the fabric curtains and balances. Budget so you can replace the floor not only in the kitchen but the entire space. Remove or paint over the wainscoting to unify the walls. Tile over the fireplace with oversized solid matte tiles (floor tiles would work).

Cece mさんはFelix Pradasさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    3年前

Here is a layout for your family room. I'm not sure you can keep the existing reddish flooring. I have shown a floor, maybe wood that would be in a medium shade.

This shows a large area rug with a sofa, two lounge chairs & accent tables.

Cece mさんはBeverlyFLADezinerさんにお礼を言いました
  • Cece m
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

@BeverlyFLADeziner @Felix Pradas Thank you so much.....Love all the ideas and definitely will be changing the flooring for the entire place (maybe thinking something medium shade like suggested or one shade lighter than the ceiling ).

@sansira - I was not aware of wabi-sabi style, it is good to know. Adding open shelving is a great tip! Thank you!

Very excited to get in there and start.

• shwshw
    3年前

following...

• PRO
    Norwood Architects
    3年前

I was thinking that your kitchen cabinetry would lend itself quite will to a modern look if you changed out the hardware and painted. As far as your living room I would strip it down to the essentials including removing flooring to see what you like and don't. It's kinda hard to see exactly what's going on with the built-in's but that area needs some thought for sure. Would definitely keep the ceiling and the beams as they give the room quite a bit of character. Good luck!

Cece mさんはNorwood Architectsさんにお礼を言いました
  • HouzzUser-187528210
    3年前

Wow. This home has so so much gorgeous detail. Lot of potential here! Love it!! The ceiling details are awesome. I’d paint them white in the kitchen. And do blue cabinets, maybe a wood island. Can you open up some walls?
    For the living room I’d add wall molding to the top half of the wall. And paint the entire room one color. Including those built ins if your keeping them. I’d have the tv over the FP. And a big cozy couch.
    This is an amazing project!! Love it. Can’t wait to see how it turns out.

Cece mさんはHouzzUser-187528210さんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Design Directives, LLC
    3年前

It looks like the red flooring might have to go. Here are some ideas on layout and how you might update your space.

Modern Napa · 詳細

Urban Ranch · 詳細

Cece mさんはDesign Directives, LLCさんにお礼を言いました