Houzz Logo Print
linda_yeshmcmaster

Kitchen Contractor Expectations

Is it normal to have the homeowner remove all the appliances for a kitchen redo or does the contractor normally move the stove, refrigerator, etc (and put them back when job is done)?

If homeowner was very specific about the size of lazy-susan they wanted (basically replacing and keeping the same size they previously had) and contractor put in one that was smaller should the contractor be expected to work with homeowner to find a new solution and not charge them for it? My husband just wants to pay contractor to finish job and then he will figure out how to build a bigger lazy susan. That seems ludicrous to mean considering how much we've paid for this job. Any words of wisdom? (A little more info on this one, I was very specific about the size I wanted. I even had contractor measure twice and showed him how bowls and other items would be fitting in the cabinet. The cabinet is same measurement as our old one, but the Lazy Susan is a 24 inch, not 28 inch like prior one. Blueprints did show the correct cabinet sizes, but the Lazy Susan was listed as a part that now that I've been researching realize that the part number shows the size. He says 24 inch is largest one to fit with our layout which makes no sense to me because the cabinet size is the same. The new doors are slightly taller and skinnier than the old doors so they may be where the problem is but can't seem to get a detailed answer about situation from contractor. I'm really irritated because keeping the lazy susan the same size as previous one was a must-have,

コメント (3)

• PRO
    Michael Menn Ltd.
    3年前

You are 100% accurate that it is NOT your responsibility to remove and install the appliances unless stated in the contract. Additionally, if you were very specific about the lazy Susan, then it is his responsibility.

• Muriel Thompson
    3年前

Find the specs for the size lazy Susan that you want, and ensure that it will indeed fit in the cabinet you have. If it does, then you know exactly what you are asking your contractor for. In the scheme of an entire kitchen, replacement of a $200 Susan doesn’t seem like it should be a huge issue, but perhaps it’s difficult to change based on the stage of your project.

• MaryKat
    3年前

I paid my contractor a pretty penny to handle it all.

PR