Houzz Logo Print
sharon_vanek

help with design ideas to a narrow and long apartment

Hi all,

I am about to purchase this apartment, which is now completely ruined. It was originally 2 small units and I want to make it one unit with at least 2 bedrooms and potentially also an office.

Who can help me with some thoughts?

Thank you so much for your time!!

コメント (3)

• colleenoz
    3年前

I think the only way you'll get an office in there is if you lose one of the bathrooms- probably the ensuite one, unless you're good with visitors using your ensuite bathroom.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    3年前

I actually see no reason you could not have 2 BRs and a small office I assume the dark walls are load bearing and since this is an apartment you might be limited to what you can do as far as moving walls but you don’t needt2 kitchens so that alone opens up possibilities for space planning and really nice spaces too. The whole back space IMO coulfd be kitchen DR LR all open to the balcony to start . You need an architect some guidance as to waht is allowed in the buliding to begin with and probably a good interior designer to make the most of the psace. I guess my 1 st question would be is the 2nd bedroom just a guest room or is there a need for it on a daily basis. so I giess I am asking how many people will live here.

• PRO
    IRP Architects Pty Ltd
    3年前

Hi Sharon,

A few key things to keep in mind when designing are privacy and accessibility. I've attached a basic layout which I'll walk through my design choices, bottom up.

Having the ensuite below the bedroom provides more privacy to ensure passersby have less visibility. The study office also provides a quiet room to seperate the bedrooms, create privacy between them and when entering that lower section from the hallway. The bathroom being located above makes it accessible for guests using the living and dining room without voiding privacy of the bedrooms. Attaching the living and dining room to the balcony means guests can easily access it in the case that you would like to have drinks when friends/family are over and the kitchen being there provides easy access to common rooms as well as a view over the balcony.

One consideration would be switching the bedroom and ensuite, converting the ensuite to a bathroom so the second bedroom has easy access to a bathroom (rather than walking all the way down the hallway).

I hope this helps!

PR