Houzz Logo Print
shulady614

1970’s Split exterior design help

Hello, we I am need of advice. We recently bought this home and are planning to remold the exterior. We have chosen white (snow) Certainteed siding in Carolina beaded, black gutters, onyx-charcoal roof, black front door, but just received a message from
our architect that we would need a variance to put on a front porch to right side of the house. Seeing as variances can take months...I would love some suggestions as to what we can to do modernize our tired home. We are not married to the above choices and are very open to suggestions that can prevent this variance. So far our architect offered a portico open roof but we are not sure if that would make it look even more dated.

コメント (3)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    3年前

IMO neither the porch or the portico says modern to me.

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    3年前
    最終更新:3年前

I like your choice of colors for siding, gutters, roof. I think it would look sooooooo good!

Here is some idea of overhang

You would need modern style light and numbers.

• PRO
    IRP Architects Pty Ltd
    3年前

Hi Rosaura,

My first recommendation would be for any design to remove a slanted roofing as it would be difficult to compliment the rest of your roof. With the housing being timber I think either a laminate material or a timber, as in the image below, design would work best. The modern aspects I like about the photo are the hardwood battens on the right hand side, finish on the overhang, and the timber underside with lighting of the roofing. Possibly out of budget, to further 'modernize' it you could stain the pathway to look timber and add a glass wall on the right hand side of the entrance path with plants resting against it.

Hope that helps and let me know if there's any other concerns I could address.

PR