Houzz Logo Print
quentinjamesp89

Brick look backsplash

I really want a brick look backsplash in the kitchen. The only things I can find with the look I like are wallpaper that's very gauche and fake looking up close. Any ideas where I can get this look for a reasonable price? (And no wallpaper unless it's raised/textured and actually realistic.) The backsplash would be in the normal area between countertop and cupboards, but also the entire wall behind the stove.

コメント (17)

• jewelisfabulous
    3年前

Numerous results come up when googling "brick look tile".

• Quentin Parker
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

This is the color/look I like, but NOT the fake brick

wallpaper.

• PRO
    Lampert Dias Architects, Inc.
    3年前

Most tile stores should have a thin brick for backsplashes. Try Home Depot or a local tile shop. You can also google "brick tile backsplashes" to see who has it near you.

• mxk3 z5b_MI
    3年前

Yep, many choices for a brick veneer (thin brick) available.

• Quentin Parker
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

This is the kitchen.

• Quentin Parker
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

Okay, I'll keep trying. Most of what I come up with is wallpaper or looks too much like tile rather than brick or too much like exterior brick.

• Quentin Parker
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

Everyone tells me to put subway tile, but I'm tired of that look. Is brick a bad choice/too dirty looking for a food prep ?

• PRO
    Skippack Tile & Stone
    3年前

Go to a good tile showroom and you'll have lots of choices.

• PRO
    Debbi Washburn
    3年前

Dal tile ( brickworks ) and Happy floors ( french quarter ) both have a nice brick look porcelain tile that is great for a backsplash.

• millworkman
    3年前

Think about cleaning a rough surface like brick when the grease and sauce spatters.

• Quentin Parker
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

Yeah, I'd prefer something that's not rough like actual brick, but still looks realistic and doesn't look too much like tile. The wallpaper would be cheaper and relatively easy to clean, but the fakeness is pretty bad. I also don't like the dark or red brick that looks like exterior brick. Perhaps it's too much to ask.

• calidesign
    3年前

I'd find another area where you can use the brick you like, and put a simple, light colored tile in that area instead. The brick will look heavy with the texture, and magnify the already lopsided spaces. You might consider using a shorter backsplash in a straight line under the cabinets, and a mirror cut to fit the space over the stove. It would be easy to clean, and act like a window so you get some symmetry to the space.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    3年前

This might be a thin brick like Z Brick with a whitewash or mortar smear over the brick.

This is from Floor and Decor.

Quentin ParkerさんはBeverlyFLADezinerさんにお礼を言いました
  • Quentin Parker
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

@BeverlyFLADeziner that's the look I'm after. Thanks!

• Quentin Parker
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

@calidesign I was going to do two open shelves over the stove (old wood with black brackets) once the cabinet doors are back on the upper cabinets. I could just do backsplash between the cabinets and countertop and leave the wall over the stove. It's just ot in great shape, so I thought I'd cover it.

• eastautumn
    3年前

Look at Brickwebb thin brick sheets. We used it on our basement walls, including as the backsplash in our kitchette area. You might like the "Promontory" color based on your inspiration picture.

PR