Houzz Logo Print
ala_jojatu

What color would you do the siding on this house?

Ala Jojatu
3年前

we will be residing, new windows and doors. What would you do to make it look more modern. Should I add different type of siding (horizontal, vertical) to make it look more interesting? We are also thinking of changing the bump out window from the diamond shape to square.

thank you all for your suggestions!

コメント (12)

• PRO
    Lampert Dias Architects, Inc.
    3年前
    最終更新:3年前

green

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    3年前

More option to go with taupe from your stones.

• acm
    3年前

depends on how modern you want to go. your front face would lend itself to color-blocking which could be very dramatic! lemee do a quick mock-up.

• acm
    3年前

Here. You could then continue a neutral around to the other side, or continue the blocking above and below the balcony, etc...

I don't see a diamond window, but I'm also not sure where I'm seeing your door -- this approach would support a pretty spiffy modern door, though, in either a bright color or a coppery wood tone.

• Ala Jojatu
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

Thank you so much! I really like this! About the diamond window, I actually meant the bump out window, I would like to change it to a more modern bump out.

• Ala Jojatu
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

The bump out window and the front door.

• Ala Jojatu
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

This might be a better picture.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    3年前

Here's a dark gray with gold for your siding as an option.

• partim
    3年前

I'm not loving the stone. The orange colour dates the house and it's obviously a stuck-on veneer, not whole stones. Any chance you would be changing it? Either remove and replace with siding or a different decorative veneer, or paint/whitewash it with a Romabio product.

• partim
    3年前

Dark colours are very "in" right now for siding. That would make me worry that in future they will look very "2020" i.e. dated. White is as close to timeless as you can get.

• Ala Jojatu
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

I like the dark Gray too, even though it looks a little khaki in this picture. What other veneer would you use instead of the stone. Since we’ll be replacing everything, we might as well update the stone as well.

PR