Houzz Logo Print
stephen_francis44

Removing kitchen tiles

Stephen
3年前

Hey all.
Attempting to remove kitchen backsplash tiles this weekend which we are confident are attached to an asbestos sheet (behind the old oven 1972 house). We plan to do the right thing and treat as asbestos by wearing ppe etc. I am just wondering if anyone has experience removing tiles from asbestos or cement sheeting, If I can I am happy to leave the asbestos undisturbed as we plan on retiling over it but I am concerned that once i start chiselling the tiles off it may puncture the asbestos

コメント (3)

• Kate
    3年前

Hmm asbestos is insidious. It is not just about wearing ppe as the dust travels and settles elsewhere. That is why it costs so much to remove, they have to seal the area and then vacuum all dust and filter air (hepa filter)before reopening. One has to be careful not to disturb the asbestos, when in any doubt call in professionals, you only get one set of lungs.

• julie herbert
    3年前

Excellent advice.

• PRO
    Compass Kitchens
    3年前

First have the material (fibro or Asbestos) tested and then if it is Asbestos have it removed by a professional removal firm. If it is Asbestos, you should not do this yourself.