Houzz Logo Print
webuser_909934431

Recommendations for a Mortgage Lender

Becca
3年前

My husband and I are looking to build a home in the Pomona neighborhood in Manvel, Texas- just south of Houston! We are looking into mortgage lenders and would love some recommendations or advice for helping decide who to go with. We plan on getting a conventional loan.

We both have great credit scores and a $200,000+ combined annual income. We’re looking to purchase a home that’s around $400,000.

The builder we’ve chosen has recommended a local lender to us, however, we still want to shop around and compare rates!

TYIA

コメント (5)

• Denita
    3年前

If you are having a house built, what type of loan are you seeking? A construction-perm loan or an end loan? If you are looking for a construction perm loan, there are fewer lenders that offer that type of loan than those that offer end loans. In a construction perm loan you own the land and the construction loan is issued in draws until the house is completed then the loan is converted to your permanent mortgage. With an end loan the builder owns the land, gets the construction loan and when he is finished, you have your closing using the bank loan (at the end).

• Diane
    3年前

Become a member of a local credit union.

• PRO
    Jeffrey R. Grenz, General Contractor
    3年前

Primarily clients use construction to perm loans for this. I use several with great programs including US Bank and BBVA who have branches in TX. Local builders will have more advice and experience and likely there are smaller local options.

• PRO
    General Contractor, Peak Market Homes, LLC
    3年前

Best options are to stay local in your area for best rates and service. That area is saturated with banks. Smaller is better.

• Louise Smith
    3年前

Agree with advice to use a local source of funding.

PR