Houzz Logo Print
go1shop

Backyard fire pit

Would like a fire pit in backyard. Currently installing retaining wall with terra-cotta blocks along perimeter. Then will have decomposed granite with paving stones. What is your preferred fire pit?

コメント (6)

• tozmo1
    4年前

The concept of built in fire pits is great but are you ready to commit to one? Have you had a free standing one before? If so, did you use it a lot? The area you are showing is not that large and to devote space to a built in firepit is a big commitment. If you aren't decided on material yet I suggest a free standing one to make sure you really use it. You can always add a builtin one later.

go1shop MMcさんはtozmo1さんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    4年前

I like the portable ones that use propane. Where I live real fires are no longer allowed in town anyway. From what I see of your space you do not have enough room for a fire pit and seating. I don’t know what the rest of your yard is like but maybe get a fire pit/ coffee table for your regular patio or deck seating. The space you show could be a nice quiet space for a couple of chairs and aspot to have a glass of wine awy from the kids.Lots of nice landscaping there will make a huge difference

go1shop MMcさんはPatricia Colwell Consultingさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Ed Castro Landscape
    4年前

For a small yard, I suggest you use the existing wall for the seating wall and build a fire pit beside it. if you put on close to the house center use square one, if put on the far corner round one will be nice,

go1shop MMcさんはEd Castro Landscapeさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Yardvaark
    4年前

It looks like grade slopes TO the house. I'd fix this first and see if it looks like a fire pit will work.

• go1shop MMc
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

There is additional yard space that includes a patio. I am leaning towards a portable fire pit now before committing to a built-in.

PR