Houzz Logo Print
harrisonsmom1

What to do in the area over my sink?

harrisonsmom1
4年前
最終更新:4年前

I am beginning a refresh of my kitchen and have no idea what to do with the large area over my kitchen sink. A painted orange crate label currently fills the space.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

コメント (23)

• Sammie J
    4年前

What does the rest of that wall look like? Are there cabinets all the way across? What's on the left?

• harrisonsmom1
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

There are double-wall ovens further left and a wall further right. I'll try to get a full screen shot of the entire kitchen up. Thanks!

• deegw
    4年前

Have you considered removing the layer of vertical tile (I think it's tile) and adding a simple backsplash above the counter?

harrisonsmom1さんはdeegwさんにお礼を言いました
  • harrisonsmom1
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

Yes. The new counter tops will be quartz and the back splash above will be tile.

• Kathi Steele
    4年前

I would think about putting a mirror up so I can participate in the conversations behind me.

Or a mirror framed to look like a window.

Or a picture of something I would like to see or where I would like to be behind a window frame so you have the illusion of looking out a window.

harrisonsmom1さんはKathi Steeleさんにお礼を言いました
  • jslazart
    4年前

When I bought my first house, my mom told me that you are supposed to have a mirror above the kitchen sink. I thought that was silly, but I did it and I loved it. It's nice to be able to see the people you are talking to behind you while you are working at the sink.

harrisonsmom1さんはjslazartさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Norwood Architects
    4年前

Kathi Steele and jslazart - mirror is something I would never have thought of but the reasoning behind it makes total sense! Would also suggest taking the tile backsplash up the wall and perhaps capping it with a tile border at top of cabinet level. Good luck!

harrisonsmom1さんはNorwood Architectsさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    4年前

A window frame with mirror would be a good idea , it give the illusion of a window.

harrisonsmom1さんはPatricia Colwell Consultingさんにお礼を言いました
  • Momof5x
    4年前

I' d make use of the space and put a dish rack on the wall or over the sink kind.

harrisonsmom1さんはMomof5xさんにお礼を言いました
  • harrisonsmom1
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

What a really smart and beautiful idea! Thank you !!

• always1stepbehind
    4年前

You said you're getting new countertops but what are you doing with the cabinets? I see you have all the doors off. Are you painting?

harrisonsmom1さんはalways1stepbehindさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    RemodelWerks LLC
    4年前

What about some free floating shelves? I like the idea of a tile shelf as mentioned above but a wood looks so nice too!

harrisonsmom1さんはRemodelWerks LLCさんにお礼を言いました
  • harrisonsmom1
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

That is a very cool look! Everyone on Houzz has opened up my mind to really beautiful and functional ideas. Thank you!

• harrisonsmom1
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

I am beginning a refresh so I will not be installing new kitchen cabinets; however, I will be getting new door and drawer fronts and having the existing cabinets painted.

• PRO
    RemodelWerks LLC
    4年前

That will look great! Keep us updated on the progress!

harrisonsmom1さんはRemodelWerks LLCさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Designer's Touch
    4年前

Hi - Can you upload a picture of your backsplash? I have an idea in mind but would like to see if it works with what you have chosen for backsplash.

Best of Luck,

Mariette

harrisonsmom1さんはDesigner's Touchさんにお礼を言いました
  • decoenthusiaste
    4年前

Will you be removing that white soffit above the cabs? It looks like it is holding your kitchen down!

• harrisonsmom1
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

Hmm. Hadn't considered it until now. Thank you!

• harrisonsmom1
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

Here's a photo of the backsplash we selected.

• PRO
    Designer's Touch
    4年前

The paint color is the cabinet color?

• daisychain Zn3b
    4年前

I really like printseas pics with the shelving. I also really like your orange crate poster.

harrisonsmom1さんはdaisychain Zn3bさんにお礼を言いました