Houzz Logo Print
yawillig

Design help with built in cabinets

Bayis
4年前

We would like to put a wall of built ins here with shelves on top (for books and albums) and cabinets on the bottom (for the kids games). As the window ends close to the wall(about 12" depth) and the other end ends with a half wall I wasn't sure the best way to maximize the space but avoiding having the ends finished in an awkward way. I don't want to block the window. Should I end it a few feet before the half wall and window or maximize the length till the end? Should I make it deeper in the middle and narrower at the ends? or would floating shelves with cabinetry on the bottom look better by the half wall?Any ideas or suggestions most welcome!!!!

コメント (5)

• PRO
    Lane Williams Architects
    4年前

Each of those ideas could work, so start with a simple sketch of what you wish for.l. For a true custom look you need a good cabinetmaker who will come in and measure the space, locate the wall register, and verify all dimensions. They might come up with a design for you that will include material samples. Expect to spend $5-10K.

• Bayis
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

ok ty very much

• PRO
    MDLN
    4年前

I like deeper in the middle and narrower at the ends. Good luck with project.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    4年前

I would check out Besta from Ikea it comes in different depths has storage display even a place for TV if you wanted . Low cabinets ,high, lots of choices and often comes very close to looking custom .I would for sure do deeper in the center and shallow on the ends 12” depth is great for books.

• decoenthusiaste
    4年前

I would try this first with a storage hassock/coffee table for the games.

Dining Room Remodel · 詳細

Renovation for the Next 100 Years · 詳細

PR