Houzz Logo Print
webuser_832715770

Furnishing layout for a large extension measuring 36sq metres

We have a large lounge and separate dining area - both lead into a large south facing extension - open zoned.

Our style tends to be

french country i.e.painted and some quirky odd antique pieces. My husband dearly wants a large tv at the lounge end but i am unconvinced. Before we commit to costly mistakes in buying furniture has anyone got some better ideas on how to layout this room? We have tried a number of configurations with but no success so far.

コメント (5)

• Ellie
    4年前

An accurate floorplan with measurements and doors/windows marked

• rinked
    4年前

A floorplan of the entire house would also be nice. And what is your family size? Kids age? Will there be a tv in the large lounge?

• Carolina
    4年前

Agree that a floorplan with dimensions will help. But... could the TV go on the wall opposite the window? Corner sofa under the window, going through the corner under the smaller window that's higher up? Comfy chair angled in front of the patio doors.

Long dining table in front of the patio doors?

Roughly, since we don't know what the rest of the room looks like and what the dimensions are...

• PRO
    Walk Interior Architecture & Design
    4年前

tech is ever changing - so maybe wait for a small/short throw projector TV. roll-up TV's are also on the way. so placement will be easier, more flexible and discrete. in the meantime use a laptop? see https://edition.cnn.com/videos/business/2019/01/09/rollable-television-lg-orig.cnn-business

• rachelmidlands
    4年前

If you like the French country style of furniture how about a large (but lowish) armoire or linen cupboard to hide hubbys tv? Or maybe some type of panelling or art that folds neatly to the side when in use (see couple of pics for inspiration). I’m afraid I’m not so good at layout plans....but there are some great houzzers on here that can help. Measurements will be very useful.