Houzz Logo Print
rayna_preston

Stairwell Decor ... Help!!!

New home and need help with decor ideas for the stairwell which is very ho hum right now!

コメント (12)

• srea123
    4年前

Paneling?

• PRO
    EPHROSS DESIGNS
    4年前

1.You could have an interesting carpet runner made for the treads that would bring some interest to the space. They can be made from any carpet sold and a patterned carpet would give you an interesting design detail. 2. Are you planning on a window covering for the staircase windows? 3. You could find a pretty wallpaper that has some textural interest in a color that complements the downstairs wall color... either in a similar color a shade or two darker or something else simple that works with your other furnishings but does not compete with them. 4. I think that you will have a difficult time finding a framed piece of art for the triangular wall on the first floor. A round framed mirror might work there or a sculptural wall sconce a bit higher over the wall switch might give you some interest and function for the triangle first floor stair wall. There are many interesting sconces on the market that look like works of art.

Congratulations on your new home!

• PRO
  • Rayna Preston
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

Thanks everyone! Love the curtain or rug ideas ... it’s just so much wood and cream

• PRO
    User
    4年前
    最終更新:4年前

I would get a large vintage Persian rug for the landing and two large scale pieces of art for the walls flanking the window wall.

I've had a lot of luck finding affordable rugs on Etsy.

• PRO
    CDR Design, LLC
    4年前

I would need more information on the rest of the adjacent rooms. I would hestitate to make a lot of changes until you have added furniture to the other areas.

One idea might be to paint that back wall a darker tone. So, not only the window wall on the stairs, but the adjacent wall with window. Would need to see more of that room, though.

• Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    4年前

A stair runner would be nice. Sea grass would look good with the Persian for the landing.

• Theresa Janssen
    4年前

you have a gorgeous new home. love the wood floor and stairs. I agree that you may want to wait until you put furniture in some of the main rooms before making decisions on what to do in the stairwell. a large statement piece of art on the wall could absolutely add interest, but the furniture added may help inform the direction of the art. I would also start with the art before adding any rugs.

• PRO
    M&D Photography
    4年前

We offer a wide range of award winning wall art and photography you may like at http://mndphoto.com

• HouzzUser-802271120
    4年前

I'm assuming you still have a lot to do with your entire home decoration parts. So for now, just try some stickers to decorate the staircases and also use modern art frames or pictures on sidewalls. This will get rid of the boredness without really spending too much time on stair decoration. Something like the pictures.

• PRO
    Chi Renovation & Design
    4年前

Maybe this will help you out.

Stairs and Master Bathroom Remodeling · 詳細

Stairs and Master Bathroom Remodeling · 詳細

PR