Houzz Logo Print
webuser_473272761

Pro help needed! Can you post dimensions on this kitchen, please?!

I am planning a Single Wall Kitchen with Island.

The appliances I need on a single wall:

Refrigerator

Sink

Dishwasher

Range

Here is a photo that gives me a good visual sample on the bare minimum.

(My goal is to only have a prep sink on the island)

Can someone tell me the dimensions on the photos from Refrigerator to Cabinet pull-out?

If you can tell me the dimension of each appliance and counter space, that will be great, too.

Thanks!

(my guess...3, .9, 2, 2, 2, .3?....= 10 feet long)

コメント (29)

• rinked
    4年前

What is the space you have? A floorplan of your kitchen area would help more that estimating sizes of a kitchen photo. With doors, windows and measurements please.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    4年前

Exactly . We need a floor plan of your kitchen then it gets adapted to fit your space.

• About that Cottage Life!
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

I am not trying to build this exact kitchen.

I would like to know the length of the refrigerator to the last pull-out cabinet in this kitchen.

Because, they managed to fit the 4 main appliances without looking like a football field!

My guess is 10 feet long. I was wondering what Pros (that see these appliances all day) will say.

It is the layout I am interested in for my new kitchen.

I hope this makes sense. :’)

• beesneeds
    4年前

Where did your pics come from?

• millworkman
    4年前

Quite possibly a 100% staged kitchen as well.

• rinked
    4年前
    最終更新:4年前

Looks like 36+(3x20)+36+6" to me, by the way. 138" in total, let's say 140.

My L-shaped kitchen is 92"x51" minus the fridge. That works really well too. And I've seen (and sold) smaller. So everything is possible.

Would still like to see the space you're dealing with, can't just copy a layout.

質問の投稿者
    4年前

L-shape + island is my favorite for a full kitchen. Mostly everything still ends up behind you.....like single wall.

I just really dislike my huge 3 wall kitchen + island.....for my needs. It is gorgeous but I only have 1 sink and it really kills the work flow.

My drink station is next to the fridge, but I have no sink access. So, I have to walk across the kitchen to wash my hands, cups and spoons. Then bring them back. Even if I moved the drink station closer to the sink.....I still have the fridge on the other side. Such a pain! Lol!

We looked into a remodel to fix this (bringing refrigeration closer to the sink) and it was a no-go. So, I keep doing my walk of shame!

I bought land when I was a kid and ready to build myself a hobby cottage! A place where I go to do all my favorite things surrounded by nature. It is just for me ....so, a second home.

I have not made my final decision on the exact plan, but this is the kitchen that I want and fits my style of open plan.

This is a fake kitchen? WTH???

It came from this site.

Park Slope Townhouse Renovation

Transitional Kitchen, New York

https://www.studiogeiger.com/projects#/townhouse-brooklyn-ny/

• rinked
    4年前

Use a 24" fridge and a 24" cooktop and I bet you'll be fine within 10'.

About that Cottage Life!さんはrinkedさんにお礼を言いました
  • live_wire_oak
    4年前

Not a fake kitchen. Just not a well designed kitchen because of the limitations of an old building turned into a multi family building. You can do better. Your architect can do better. Anyone building from scratch has the opportunity to not build in big mistakes. An opportunity often lost because of blinders that they place on themselves by getting too fixated by unsuitable ideas too early in the design process.

Wait to design your kitchen when you have a house design that works. A good architect can give you a space that won’t need so many compromises that restrict functionality or that are dangerous. You may want to study some educational resources BEFORE you get too far along the path to expensive mistakes.

https://www.buildingscience.com/

https://mcmansionhell.com/101

http://starcraftcustombuilders.com/kitchen.design.rules.htm

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/5332686/10-tests-for-you-and-your-contractor-s-first-meeting

https://www.kcma.org/certifications/ansi-kcma-certification

https://www.naturalstoneinstitute.org/consumers/

http://starcraftcustombuilders.com/bath.design.rules.htm#.W100QuNOnYX

https://www.ceramictilefoundation.org/homeowners-guide-to-hiring-qualified-tile-installer

http://starcraftcustombuilders.com/sources.faucets2.htm

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/5647040/white-shaker-battle-ikea-vs-the-rest-of-the-cabinet-world

• Shannon_WI
    4年前

I hope you can see that the fridge door is not likely to open all the way because it is placed so closely to the left wall. Imagine the frustration of dealing with that every time you want to open the fridge door. They could have perhaps put the fridge’s door hinges on the right to remove this problem, but it doesn’t look like anyone was thinking about functionality. Please use those photos as lessons what not to do in your own kitchen. The stove all the way at the end and abutting the window frame is also an Awful Mistake.

Edited to add: I just expanded the pic on my phone and can see what looks to be a 6” base cabinet between the range and the window frame, so it’s not abutting the window frame as I originally thought. Still, it’s poor layout. Also, in such a small space I would have installed frameless cabinets, not the inset they did. In that size kitchen, any additional inches are valuable.

• cpartist
    4年前

You can't legally put a stove against a wall. It's against code and a fire hazard.

Unless you buy a SZ fridge, it won't open fully against a wall.

• Shannon_WI
    4年前

I am getting a chuckle from the placement of the mixer trapped into that tiny shelf so high. Mixers weigh a good amount. Gonna be tough to get that down. But not so tough to get down as the toaster two shelves above it will be.

• hollybar
    4年前

My guess is that it is about 12ft long. (basing this on the my very scientific perusal of the stuff in the cabs) The fridge opens enough. And that the clearance from the window to the stove just makes code.

ps- I love it

• rinked
    4年前

Shannon, sorry to interrupt. I'm a dutch kichen planner/seller and the built in fridges we sell (Bosch, Siemens) require 1" to open a little over 90 degrees (so the shelves can be removed to clean). That as in door panel. The handle is what gets in the way. But it looks like the fridge handle in the image goes just beyond the wall, thus should be fine. It is a thing to take in account when planning a kitchen for sure.

And over here a rule of thumb is at least 15cms (6") between cooktop and wall/tall unit. I don't know your local code. Our houses are made of brick or concrete and walls are either plastered drywall or plastered directly onto the stones, so no fire hazard at all.

• live_wire_oak
    4年前

All of those nifty Euro built in fridges do not really exist here. Built in fridges are very very expensive here. Few want a 7-12K expense for a small kitchen.

Houses are wood framed here for the most part. Which makes the need for dealing with flammable assemblies requires some greater clearances. It depends on the range model. But a large window like that would also need to be safety glass, and it probably isn’t, because that would be another huge expense to replace and match the rest of the original windows.

• Shannon_WI
    4年前

@rinked and @cpartist - thanks for clarifying that the fridge, if a Subzero or other integrated-style fridge, would be able to open even if placed against the wall. The OP then needs to understand that those types of fridges cost 5 figures if she wants a similar arrangement. Panelling them adds couple-to-several thousands over that.

• PRO
    Kristin Petro Interiors, Inc.
    4年前

I think it's 10'. I think the refrigerator is a 30".

質問の投稿者
    4年前

There are tiles. Does anyone recognize the tiles?

• rinked
    4年前

Oh wow, 5.5K for a 30" Bosch!! A 20" Bosch costs about 800 dollars over here (plus unit).

• rinked
    4年前

Have you emailed Studio Geiger yet? Perhaps they can tell you which materials went in there?

• PRO
    User
    4年前

If you don’t have a home design yet, this is all premature. Also, no, don’t do a single wall kitchen when you can do a dual wall galley kitchen that works better.

• cpartist
    4年前

The fridge opens enough.

Yes it does because it's a $7,000+ integrated refrigerator. So the hinges work differently than a typical counter depth fridge.

And that the clearance from the window to the stove just makes code.

Doesn't make it really safe or smart.

• Shannon_WI
    4年前

Just to pin down the fridge pricing in the OP pic, which is a Subzero, and has hinges that would allow that door to open fully even when against a wall - the 30” SZ fridge pictured in the OP but with a stainless steel door is $10,465. With a panel-ready door, it’s $8,925 plus the cost of the panels. Subzero practices strict UMRP, so there won’t be price discounts other than a hundred dollars or so, or if you buy a bundled package you can get a discount that way.

質問の投稿者
    4年前

Thanks for the links.....@ live wire. Gonna enjoy it.

I am not building this kitchen! I see there are problems.

I was not trying to discuss these problems, because my question was directed at the length measurement.

I am interested in the single wall + island layout, and what I like about this kitchen is that they did it in a compact way. Less than 12 feet long. I just wanted to make sure I was eyeballing correctly.

Y’all want a legit rant...? Hahahahahaha!

Oh, I have a fridge all the way in the right corner next to the doorway for the formal dining room. My kitchen is 20 feet long. Why? Please, why? Anywhere, but there!

We replaced the fridge 2 years ago. I tell my husband.....please be careful.....do not scratch this $4,000 fridge. Guess what? It is scratched! He scratched it!

Then denied it! (It is only us)

I did not buy this house. I did not write a fat check for a fridge I cannot even open all the way or log 5,000 steps on my Fitbit just to get myself a cup of tea. I married this house.

I want my own house! Lol!!! Where shyt does not get scratched.

I will add...the rest of the house 98% is perfect....and, with equity.

I am a professional chef for 15 years. This is the way I cook.

But....... I hear y’all! You do not like this layout.

Omg, why is the toaster 5 feet above my head...??!

What about my morning Avo toast??

Yea....dumb kitchen photo. Sorry for the confusion. Lol

(Interesting fact. I never use a toaster. I use the broiler.....for everything. My husband uses a toaster every day. Chefs....we do not need much)

• hollybar
    4年前

cpartist Yes,some of us are looking at pics on large monitors and so can clearly see that yes,the spendy fridge would open (and the freezer clear the bottom trim,just) and note that there is a small cab between range and window likely to make it "code compliant". Heck, I'd even wager real money that the stand mixer isn't kept up high...not so sure about that toaster. Maybe the kitchen's owner is trying to consume carbs mindfully*...it is Brooklyn,after all :-)

OP, keep finding ALLLLL the pics that make your heart sing. Eventually you will end up with a kitchen that is just right for Y_O_U.

* mindfully = not at all

About that Cottage Life!さんはhollybarさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Alisa McPheron
    4年前

My guess would be somewhere between 12'-13' long wall based upon a few things. The refrigerator looks to be a 30" with the cabinetry surround = 33". The wall cabinets look like 3 equal doors and I used the kitchen aid mixer to guesstimate overall length. The range looks like a 36".

I hope that helps...

I'd be happy to help with a layout if you'd like to email me measurements of your space.

Happy planning!

• beesneeds
    4年前

About That Cottage Life!... since you have the website and contact info for the company that did the kitchen... why not just contact the company ask ask them about the kitchen?

• M
    4年前

I am a professional chef for 15 years. This is the way I cook.

Chefs....we do not need much

I hear you. I absolutely appreciate the benefits of a compact kitchen. Our kitchen has plenty of storage, because we made our custom cabinets extra deep. We do have a few appliances that I splurged on, though, which gives us a total of three ovens (one oven in our 30" range, plus two 24" wall ovens).

But we managed to keep everything very compact by building a galley kitchen. And let me tell you, it's amazingly fun to work in this space. Everything is in range. I don't need to walk anywhere. All I have to do is turn around.

In fact, we could probably even have trimmed a few more feet off this design without compromising functionality at all. But that wouldn't have made sense considering the existing space and window placements. As is, we actually have several unused cabinets.

So, yeah, for compact smart designs.

PR