Houzz Logo Print
info376934

Exterior colour scheme Would like other professionals opinions please

Collaborative Interiors
4年前
最終更新:4年前

So This is a project I am working on as you can see extension is modern and box like, with a bungalow style existing residence. The bungalow will be rendered and the roof will now be colourbond. The extension square section will be Colourbond steel.

So my question - wanting feedback, thinking the box extension will be matt black monument, pitched roof shale grey (quite light to contrast the black modern addition) gutters and fascia in shale grey. House of existing home ground level 1/4 strength Lexicon, clients really want black alluminium windows, so black windows and black front door, which is to the side.

Given the asethetic do you think the monochrome scheme I am proposing will work well? Toyed with a darker roof like Basalt but feel like it will be too dark at the top - too much black. I realise having black and white will segment the new from old, but I think that works well with colour and defines the old and new monument black matt very chic and modern. Other alternative would be to have the new addition and existing house the same colour light grey something like Tranquil retreat and Monument or Basalt roof. All thoughts welcome please.

(14) Pinterest · 詳細

Option 1 would look similar to this, with black windows instead

Matt Black Monument new addition, paired with Shale Grey pitched roof, 1/4 lexicon existing house with black alluminium windows
Tranquil Retreat new addition and existing house painted the same light grey, and have the existing roof in monument black or Basalt with black windows

コメント (6)

• PRO
    Collaborative Interiors
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

Does that refer to light grey roof as well having had its day? Or meaning don’t use light colour clad on new addition part of the home but ok for roof?

• PRO
    MB Design & Drafting
    4年前

Light grey wall cladding. Been done to death for about 10 years now.

Finally starting to see the end of endless clients requesting grey wall cladding.

I reckon clients have specified every version of light to mid grey, blue grey, greeny grey....

Grey roofs have been around for ever and are fairly timeless.

• PRO
    Collaborative Interiors
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

Yes I know what you mean re light grey cladding, although I'm liking the dark monumnet I'm sure in 10 years time we will be over that too! Appreciate your thoughts

• PRO
    Style Precinct Interior Design & Decoration
    4年前

Hi

Id second MB Design & Drafting thoughts about grey having its day. As a professional we have information about the new colour palettes that are being developed before they hit the market and grey has been a main colour for so long! There is a transition coming. Monchrome is a safe way to go to last for the next few years. You could go Surfmist for the roof with the Lexicon and Monument. Best wishes

Collaborative InteriorsさんはStyle Precinct Interior Design & Decorationさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Collaborative Interiors
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

Thanks for your insight, yes I'd looked at Surfmist as well, clients seem quite pro grey so trying to subtly work their likes into the scheme as well, as I think they woule like a grey house however I think the monochrome black / white is classic and will endure the test of time longer than some shades of grey, also if they were opting for white windows may be more inclined to look at grey for the house colour however feel that the black windows will work nicer with the lexicon and tie in the black elements. Welcome all feedback