Houzz Logo Print
mittal_vishal

Loft Kitchen Counters and Ideas

V M
4年前
最終更新:4年前

Finally got my cabinets up, and now I'm looking to get the rest done!

1. Firstly I'm looking for recommendations on what color/style counters I should consider?

2. Should I consider changing the island? with more color or wood style?

3. Should I consider replacing the backsplash?

4. Should I consider changing the kick-plates to more of wood grain/style?

Open to any other ideas or tips as well!

コメント (9)

• suezbell
    4年前

Like it.

One question: Are all those colors in the backsplash in one tile or could you eliminate the stark white tiles and keep the rest?

• V M
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

They are small wood stick-on tiles. Closeup they have have wood texture and grain.

• Laurie Radin
    4年前

That backsplash looks cool close up, but it doesn’t work looking at the whole kitchen. It’s just too busy. I would put in something uniform since you have so many other interesting details.

• V M
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

Yeah the original plan was for this backsplash to be temp so I'm definitely open to changing it. Any specific style or color that would work well ?

• megs1030
    4年前

1. Firstly I'm looking for recommendations on what color/style counters I should consider?

What kind of look are you going for? I'd start an idea book on Houzz and search through pictures until you figure out what you like. To me, there's a lot going on here, so I'd probably keep the counters simple and uniform throughout.

2. Should I consider changing the island? with more color or wood style?

Do you want to change the island? I'm not sure what "wood style" is. I like it white.

3. Should I consider replacing the backsplash?

IMO, yes. The one you have is too busy. If you are changing the countertop, wait until you do to pick out a backsplash.

4. Should I consider changing the kick-plates to more of wood grain/style?

I think so. I think kick-plates should match the cabinets.

• cawaps
    4年前

I'd vote for a stainless countertop.

• deb s
    4年前

the space should be the focal point - I would simplify by removing the backsplash and changing out the busy granite to a butcher block or stainless -- remove the wood inserts in the cabinets.

• felizlady
    4年前

The multi-color backsplash would drive me crazy!! It makes the counter area look cluttered even if there is not even one thing on it. Definitely, you must change the backsplash. You will need a good 3-step stool or library ladder to reach the upper cabinets. I think the granite is fine, and because it isn’t cheap, you should keep it. It’s easier to clean than butcher block or a stainless steel counter. The toe kick should match either the cabinets or the floor.