Houzz Logo Print
shandrakg

Cambria countertop help- need 2 matching quartz countertops

shandrakg
4年前
最終更新:4年前

We are building a new home and have decided on the Cambria Brittanicca for our island (we need a jumbo slab so Cambria is the choice). That design is pretty pricey so we are hoping to do a less pricey quartz on the countertops around the island. We would prefer a light color that would go with the Brittanicca, but would also consider a gray. Any advice?-

コメント (30)

• M Miller
    4年前

Cabinet color? Floor? Give us something Shandra to work with!

shandrakgさんはM Millerさんにお礼を言いました
  • K R
    4年前

Britannica is a creamy white, so it might be hard to match. You might need to do a darker gray, something like this.

• shandrakg
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

Sorry you are right! Here are the cabinets and floors

• shandrakg
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

Here are the floors

• shandrakg
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

Karen- I really don't want to go dark unless there is no other choice!

• PRO
    Cambria
    4年前

Hello shandrakg, we recommend considering pairing designs like Weybourne, Dunmore, or Greystone with a Brittanicca island. Hope this helps!

shandrakgさんはCambriaさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Stephanie McDowell - Designer, Kenwood Kitchens
    4年前

Cambria Templeton, Highgate, or Newport maybe?? I would also think Weybourne would be nice! It might be hard to match Whites though as someone already mentioned

shandrakgさんはStephanie McDowell - Designer, Kenwood Kitchensさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Debbi Washburn
    4年前

Get to a shop and look at the samples... and remember that there is at least 3 feet of space and alot of different lighting between the 2!

shandrakgさんはDebbi Washburnさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Larissa Hicks- S&W Kitchens, Inc.
    4年前

Weybourne would look great if you want it to stay light and compliment the Brittannica

• J w
    4年前

if we use weybourne for countertop around and Brittanicca island, can we use brittanicca as the backslash? Do u use thinner one for backslash in general?
    We have simple white color shaker style upper cabinets on a L shape kitchen and black shaker style island (plan to do waterfall on one end). Our cooktop is induction cooktop, we plan to use chimney style hood, so there will be a “large” space between two simple white shaker cabinets which we plan to fill by brittanicca, wondering whether that is dangerous hearing the matching concern...

would like to hear suggestion on island/backslash/perimeter countertops... thanks!

• Ellen Klocek
    4年前

I'm building a new house. The kitchen island is Benjamin Moore Hale Navy and the perimeter cabinets are Sherwin Williams Pure White. We have pretty much decided to go with Cambria Queensbury on the island but we are unsure about putting it on the Pure White cabinets. Has anyone used Pure White with Queensbury or are there any suggestions of Cambria designs to pair it with? Thanks in advance for any help!!

• PRO
    Granite City Services
    4年前

"we need a jumbo slab so Cambria is the choice" - FYI there are lots of quartz suppliers that have jumbo slabs; in fact Cambria was one of the last to go with the larger format.

• J w
    4年前

Why is Cambria one of the last to go? What are other quartz suppliers? Thanks!

• PRO
    Granite City Services
    4年前

"Why is Cambria one of the last to go" you'd have to ask them. Your best bet for larger slabs is to check with local fabricators and ask specifically for jumbo slabs in the color(s) you are looking for. They will know what they have or can get from their suppliers.

• PRO
    Cambria
    4年前

Hello, because of Cambria's dedication to our customers we were one of the first to produce jumbo slabs. Today, almost our entire palette is available in jumbo and we would be happy to discuss slab size concerns for any project. Simply give our Cambria customer care team a call at 866-226-2742 and request to speak with our Director of Technical Services.

• Jessica Finelli
    3年前

Cambria - do you recommend a complimentary perimeter quartz to brittanicca warm? Thanks!

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    3年前
    最終更新:3年前

If Cambria says they were one of the first to produce jumbo slabs, I'm inclined to believe them. There is always one company that seems to be the industry innovator. In solid surface it was Avonite; in engineered stone it's Cambria. It sucks to have all your colors/particulates/movement ripped off by cheap competitors, but it is very flattering.

I've had sink replacement customers nearly go into denial when I tell them the house they just bought doesn't have granite tops, they have Cambria. The look-alike was that good.

Jessica:

I'm no designer, but I don't like your two-tone top idea, especially with a loudmouth scene stealer like Brittanica. All or nuthin' with her:

• Jessica Finelli
    3年前

I really like the above kitchen with two different counters nd am thinking of a similar paint for island - I also really like this tile and am worried cambria brittannica might clash on peninsula

• PRO
    Cambria
    3年前

Hello Jessica Finelli, we recommend considering Highgate, Dunmore, and Carrick for a perfect pair with Brittanicca Warm.

• K R
    3年前

I have Highgate, it’s kinda busy and I wouldn’t use it with Brittanicca, even though Cambria says to.

• Michele Beal Harmon
    3年前

What did you decide on?

• shandrakg
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

I decided to bite the bullet and do Brittanicca on all countertops- visible. I did a cheaper white quartz in our walk in pantry and laundry room to save money.

• Jessica Finelli
    3年前

Post pic!!

• amanda milliard
    3年前

Can I ask what those floors are ?? They look similar to the ones we have chosen and I cannot find a photo of a completed room with them !

• shandrakg
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

Legone Bastone- can't remember the exact color

• Rhonda Oliver
    2年前

@Cambria I was set on using Ella in my fairly large kitchen (75 Sq ft). However, I am concerned about the pattern giving me an issue at the L shaped turn in one corner. So now may do Ella on the island, and use something else for the perimeter countertops, but I dont want a solid or a dark color. What would you pair with Ella? Would Swanbridge work with this? I think Torquay seems too creamy to pair with the white ella. Suggestions?

• PRO
    Larissa Hicks- S&W Kitchens, Inc.
    2年前

It depends on how long each section of the L shape. If you want a complimentary for the perimeter look at Weybourne or swanbridge (I’m
    Not a fan of torquay)