Houzz Logo Print
rachelehenry

Pendants above large island

Rachel
4年前

We are building a new home and I need to select pendants for above the island. It is 96" wide. I am leaning towards two (because that is what the contractor already wired), and hoping for some suggestions as to how large and style? My kitchen opens to a two-story great room, bar area, dining, etc. It's all pretty much a big open space. I have a huge 48" sphere chandelier going in the great room (crystal and chrome). I am going for a modern french country type vibe. Walls are Worldly Grey. Cabinets are white. Island cabinetry is Smokey Blue.

you can follow our journey and see some of our in progress photos @mumsonthemove2019 on instagram

コメント (3)

• PRO
    Lights Online
    4年前

Our recommendations for sizing pendants over an island are based on how wide the island is--I think 96" is the length, not width. Take that width in inches and subtract 12. The number you get is a good maximum size for a pendant to go over the island.

We even have a specially-curated collection of French country style lights that I can draw recommendations from, though do make sure to check the size against that max size you get so that you don't pick something too big or too small!

Here are some ideas. I'm also drawing from our Modern Farmhouse style lights section since there are some similarities between the two.

Savoy House Alsace

Quoizel Gallery

Feiss Lorenz

Kichler Basford

Quoizel Siren

Feiss Allier

Feiss Gannet

Let me know what you think or if you have any questions!

• Rower 76
    4年前

RACHEL - I'll be interested to see what peolple recommend. We also have a very large island that will be at least 48" wide and 108" long. I'm leaning towards doing 3 pendants, but I'm struggling with size as well.

BTW...started following your Instagram as we are also building our forever home too. Your house looks amazing!!

• PRO
    Galilee Lighting
    4年前

If you are looking for kitchen lighting ideas you can visit our Houzz page or go to www.GalileeLighting.com

For a catalog contact SalesGalileeLighting.com

Call 305-807-8711.

Modern Kitchen Island Pendant Lighting. Contemporary LED Chandelier. Reflection · 詳細

3 STORY STAIRCASE MODERN CHANDELIER, CONTEMPORARY FOYER · 詳細

MODERN VILLA KITCHEN DESIGN · 詳細

MONT BLANC - HAND BLOWN GLASS CHANDELIER · 詳細

PR