Houzz Logo Print
webuser_891322429

Garden seating dilema

Hi there

we have recently built a new patio will a wall / planter which turns into corner style seating. The seating area is quite large (2.1 x 2.6m) and I'm unsure what to do about a table. I've bought a 140 x 140cm square table (seen in 1st pic) but something about it doesn't seem right. The other option would be to buy a rectangular table (the Ikea one I'm considering is 78 wide by 200 with the option of extending to 260cm. I'm considering this as one bench could be used for the dining table while the other would remain mostly open with easy access to the seating. Or the third option would be to get a coffee table style for the centre of the seating area. It is quite low at the minute but we plan to add wood and cushion pads to add some height. Any ideas would be gratefully received!

Many thanks

コメント (8)

• minnie101
    4年前

I'm having trouble saving pictures ATM (will add more if I can) but I think the square table would work if you add some height with cushions. The top of the table is nearly the height of the bench which makes it look off imo so would add some cushions along the back to get add height (plus your seat pad).. I'd also pull it away from the bench. Down the other end of the bench you could add a footstool just for a relaxing area. Or opt for a rectangular table if you purely want dining.

HouzzUser-891322429さんはminnie101さんにお礼を言いました
  • minnie101
    4年前

this was the photo with a footstool and I can't photoshop but I think adding cushions like this makes a huge difference?

HouzzUser-891322429さんはminnie101さんにお礼を言いました
  • embzop
    4年前

If you look at the photos in the 'garden and outdoor' section and order the photos by 'all time popular' it comes up with the photo below. How about having a fire pit with a wood top that could be used as a table. It's obviously a clear favourite for many people.

Fire Pit · 詳細

HouzzUser-891322429さんはembzopさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    D O M | Architecture interior
    4年前

I think that first of all you need to answer the question of how you will sit at the table - on chairs (and then you will need to buy them) or on soft poufs (and then it will be a low table). How many people will there be at the table? I prefer the rectangular table 78 * 200. But this is just your preference. Maybe you want to make a rest area in oriental style (carpet and pillows).

Take a closer look at the new outdoor collections. Maybe this will push you to new ideas.

HouzzUser-891322429さんはD O M | Architecture interiorさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Arthur Road Landscapes
    4年前

I think a very long dining table with a bench seat opposite would work well in the space. Cushions will liven it up a bit and make it more comfortable. Two or three large planters will help make the space feel more balanced and less empty.

HouzzUser-891322429さんはArthur Road Landscapesさんにお礼を言いました
  • 1shanson
    4年前

Think of the space as a room. You’re currently looking at the room in an empty state apart from a table. Start to zone and dress that room. You’ve had some great suggestions already. Add the cushions, keep the table (cut down the legs if you need to make a comfortable dining height), add chairs to the other two sides. As suggested, a fire pit might look good. An outdoor rug might help with the zoning. Add your planters to add character and get some taller planting in behind the seating to soften the area. Your options are endless. Photo of an alternative option attached. It could look great, just get zoning!

• Anthony (Beano)
    4年前

Great post above, hit the nail on the head, it’s more or less an open plan room outdoors and the exact same rules apply to make it look good

I think you need separate stand alone seating as above to fill the space

I’ve the same issue, I’m going to end up with two three seaters, a coffee table, a dining table for 6, two lounge chairs and a large wood burner to fill the space!