Houzz Logo Print
devkids

Backsplash suggestions

devkids
4年前

We recently remodeled our kitchen and chose dual tone cabinets. The bottom is espresso and top is Swiss white (slightly creamy). Countertop is Calacatta Romano quartz which has a beige tinge. We have recessed lights which are cool white. Looking for suggestions for the backsplash to brighten this space up. Not a big fan of subway tiles. Pictures are attached with and without the lights.

Thank you.

コメント (12)

• cpartist
    4年前

What is your favorite color?

• herbflavor
    4年前

Kitchen is bright....perhaps you mean "add interest". a shaped tile among other options might appeal to you. Find your tile store and look and bring samples.

• wickedwhite
    4年前

Can we see a closeup of your countertop? Are your floors grey tile or hardwood?
    Subway is versatile. Have you definitely ruled it out? Here are some looks that would work in your kitchen.

• wickedwhite
    4年前

Tumbled Marble is another option.

• devkids
    質問の投稿者
    4年前
    最終更新:4年前

Thank you all. Here are the photos of the countertop and floor. I personally don’t like colors in the beige/brown family. I lean towards blue shades but i wasn’t sure how a backspl with blue tinge will look with creamy tint of cabinets and Countertop. I don’t think we can go with plain white even tho patterned unless it blends with the existing colots.

• devkids
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

• acm
    4年前

colored glass could be fun, or go for a pattern...

Cherry Hills · 詳細

• PRO
    Jenni Leasia Interior Design
    4年前

Why not try a herringbone pattern with a blue subway tile? Maybe a nice patterned tile that goes well with the floor? Here are a few suggestions from designs we have done.

Lake Oswego Custom Home · 詳細

Quail Ridge · 詳細

• calidesign
    4年前

A very light tan tile would be nice, but since you like blues you can also do that. These are similar to subway, but you could also look for a differently shaped tile if you prefer.

Palo Alto Victorian · 詳細

Burnaby Capitol Hill Residence · 詳細

• wickedwhite
    4年前

Hi Devkids,
    A beige tile would help marry your two cabinet colours. It works well with the dark brown lowers and the warm white uppers.

• wickedwhite
    4年前

But if that doesn’t appeal to you, bring a few different styles home and see what you like in your kitchen.
    Can you post one photo that shows the whole kitchen? Or at least a few different angles?

PR