Houzz Logo Print
sarah_unwinsuter

Tile advice for Victorian Terrace

Sarah U-S
4年前

Apologies if this is a repost - I tried to post earlier but don’t think it worked!
We’re refitting a small bathroom in a Victorian terrace. We want something that will look fresh, in keeping, and also not date... we like the white carrera marble type look and particularly like some hexagonal tiles. My question is - do you think they will date quickly? What about large tiles in that colour way? Or should we be looking at something all together different? Thanks

コメント (2)

• AMB
    4年前

I think hexagonal tiles will stuck around for another few years - I'd probably give them ten years if I was installing them now. I think it will be the colour and material which will dictate how fashionable they remain. I do like them! They are interesting.

Marble will stand the test of time if you buy good quality tiles. If you are buying faux marble then make sure it is top quality too as faux/ersatz products can age badly.

Also consider encaustic-style cement tiles (actual ones, not replicas - they feel nicer!) as they are very on trend right now and really suit Victorian houses.

Colour-wise is entirely up to you. Neutrals - greys & whites specifically (be careful with cream/beige, right now it can look dated) - are good for bathrooms and if you want to play safe. If you like colour you can go wild with the tiles or add colour to a neutral tile scheme with paint, accessories, towels, paint etc.

If your bathroom is small and you plan to stay for a few years then I recommend spending a good part of your bathroom budget on tiles and a good tiler to do them justice.

Moreover, unless you are flipping the property, screw the trends and just go with what you like!

• PRO
    London Mosaic
    4年前

https://www.londonmosaic.com/micro-mosaic.htm 

We have some hexagon tile choices you might be interested in.

Get in contact if you see anything you might be interested in.

London Mosaic