Houzz Logo Print
kstransky

2 or 3 pendant lights?

kstransky
4年前

We moved into a new construction home and are slowly trying to add our own touches to make it our own and look less cookie cutter. I hate the dated looking contractor grade pendant lights currently in the kitchen. I love the look of larger pendants, but 3 of that size would look crowded above our 7 ft island.
Would it work to install two larger pendants where the outer pendants currently are? In this case would it look terrible to have a plate on the ceiling where the center pendant was? I haven’t talked to an electrician yet, but I wasn’t sure how that would work with the existing wiring. Even if the hole could be covered, the current ceiling has an orange peel texture and would be hard to match up.
Appreciate any input! Thanks!

コメント (11)

• K Laurence
    4年前

Hmmm ... I’ve had light fixtures moved, had the drywall repaired, can’t even tell .where the previous fixtures were. Matching the texture wasn’t a big deal.

• K R
    4年前

I like the 3. I have an 8 foot island and started with 2 but ended up having them change it to 3 smaller lights.

• j_leary
    4年前

Karen, I’d love a close up of your pendants and source information- they look lovely!

• Sandra Grimsley
    4年前

Could you do something like this? Comes in several finishes. I feel you could get the ceiling repaired and not be able to tell.

• j_leary
    4年前

I’ve been looking at these for myself too - were installing either a counter height table or an island. Ours will be only 60” long and I can’t figure out how much shorter a long pendant like this should be to look right over an island.

• Sandra Grimsley
    4年前

I would think this would be a guide, but a few inches either way would probably still work.

• PRO
    Lights Online
    4年前

Yes, you certainly could go for two larger pendants and then just close up the other junction box hole. You barely notice it!

You could also go for one long linear pendant with one longer ceiling canopy, which may help cover up any unused junction box holes.

2/3 of 60" is 40", so that gives you the ability to look at a lot of different linear pendants that would be proportionate. We have lots of options if you are interested!

• PRO
    Norwood Architects
    4年前

These are larger than your current pendants. Your island, at first glance, seems of similar size. In the photo above the fixtures don't seem particularly crowded. I do like the idea of a linear fixture that others here have proposed. Good luck!

• PRO
    Jenni Leasia Interior Design
    4年前

Two wouldn't look bad in your kitchen. We recommend looking at some pendants you like that are bigger and then measure to make sure they would work well.

Riverfront · 詳細

Lake Oswego Custom Home · 詳細

• nicole medeiros
    3年前

What brand and model are these lights?

PR