Houzz Logo Print
marymush1

I still need help with my dining room

M Mush
4年前

I have been on here before asking for help with my dining room. Wallpaper was the overwhelming answer to making this a beautiful room. While wallpaper would have made for a very beautiful room, I could not for the life of me talk husband into it. To add some drama to the room, we had the ceiling painted a dramatic color and I have since added some drapery with color (the others were just beige). It's that back wall by the china cabinet that has given me the most trouble. Candle Sconces? Mirrored candle sconces? I would then take down the mirror in the room. The electric sconces that match the chandelier are in the foyer right outside the dining room. So, I was afraid that would be sconce overload. Plates? Art work? The height of the china cabinet creates a problem with art work. The art work would have to be hung too low (or at least that's what I think). I have also considered reupholstering the dining room chairs. Would also love to do something with the inside of the china cabinet and getting new display dishes. I am having a real hard time pulling this room together. I am adding pics of the foyer as well just so you know what is right outside the dining room. Thank you in advance for any ideas you may have.

コメント (7)

• Alison Wasserman
    4年前

Can you add molding instead of just having the chair rails? I see you obviously like traditional but that makes everything very heavy feeling and looking. Are you open to incorporating lighter more transitional elements?

• M Mush
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

Would new chairs help?

• felizlady
    4年前

Not new chairs...newly upholstered chair seats in a fabric which includes the green of the drapes and the blue of the ceiling, among other colors. A traditional designed fabric, I think, will be best. I would also look for another piece or two of art. I am not a fan of puddled drapes (that is specifically a no-no on my “not in my house” list). Maybe when it is time to have them dry-cleaned, you might consider having them shortened, too, unless you like the look. Live with them for a while.

M Mushさんはfelizladyさんにお礼を言いました
  • luciezbrown
    4年前

I would move the mirror you have between the curtains and put it on the right side of the china cabinet and on the other side, I would put some plant. I would also decorate your table.

M Mushさんはluciezbrownさんにお礼を言いました
  • Christine Hatt-Pyne
    4年前

Consider art in either side of the China cabinet. Even with moulding it will still seem bare to you I think. It would be easier than installing sconces.

M MushさんはChristine Hatt-Pyneさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Nandina Home & Design
    4年前

Can you paint below the chair rail? We might try that to help balance out the dining room and dramatic ceiling. Below are some great dining room designs of ours that might just inspire you more:

Modern Luxury Home · 詳細

Atlanta Bachelor's Bungalow · 詳細