Houzz Logo Print
kayla_lancaster

Accent chairs? What to do with them in this space

コメント (17)

• PRO
    Build Beautiful
    4年前

Hello Kayla Lancaster ,

Loving those chairs, I have a storage ottoman with the same fabric!

One option would be to take the smaller of the couches, put it with it's back to the left side of the photo, add a small console table behind it. Keep one facing the fireplace windows & finally move the (2) accent chairs to the right of the photo with a small coffee table or ottoman in between. Lamp, drink & complete.

Hope that helped!

-frank

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    4年前
    最終更新:4年前

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    4年前

I am afraid that would be gloomy with dark curtains and rug. I would go with light curtains and one armchair.

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    4年前

• PRO
    Design Directives, LLC
    4年前

The chairs are a good size for a bedroom, but aren't large enough for the living room. Replace with larger chairs or get rid of them. I think the area rug and coffee table should be larger. You could add color with pillows and draperies (or panels) on the windows.

• jbtanyderi
    4年前
    Chairs and rugs are far too small. Arts needs to be bigger too.
  • claire_larece
    4年前
    What is at the other side of this room? Your accent chairs should be placed together
  • claire_larece
    4年前
    Oh also I find that these Noguchi tables should be together as coffee table
  • PRO
    Carol Jean
    4年前
    say no to the chairs
  • calidesign
    4年前

One armchair to the left of the fireplace would be best, but if you keep the chairs, group them together on the left side of the fireplace with a narrow end table between them.

• groveraxle
    4年前

Those are slipper chairs...perfect for putting on your slippers and not much else. The color is good, but your room is way too black and cream and lacking texture. Find a single similar color ARMchair and put it where celery girl shows in her renderings above.

Then find a bigger rug in natural tones, darker than the floor, and with some texture.

• shirlpp
    4年前

For sure you need something to break up the black. You can try to put them across from the sofa, where their backs would be to the entry into the room.

• groveraxle
    4年前

Here's a natural textured rug along with a rattan armchair with cream cushion. Your photos are too high and too small, so I removed them. I moved your ferns from the mantel to the floor in some stone planters. Two of the same table is too much so I gave you a more organic coffee table. Chair, coffee table, and planters are all from Crate & Barrel.

• groveraxle
    4年前

Forgot to mention, your TV is really too big for over the mantel. I would put it where the loveseat is now over a very long console and move the loveseat across the room to face it.

• claire_larece
    4年前
    Definitely need some prints

https://trk.overstock.com/utA2HLfGAW
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    4年前

sorry, but I would remove those chairs. they don't work in there.

I like the idea of a newer rug, but it should be larger than the one you currently have. yours is too small for that area. maybe more black/white or something with a bit of interest.

love the blue chairs Beverly posted. and really like Celerygirls mockup, along w/grovers.

I would prob do a tall plant in one of those corners

I like this table and rug w/your elements too (the following pics have the same window/fireplace set up that you do. look at how they placed their furniture and take note of what they've used)

I'd also remove all the knick knacks from the mantel ( you can keep one of the plants!) and take away the vase on the hearth. a nice, single canvas art piece would look nice on the wall where you have the small photos.

took away some of the stuff. some leopard x stools or a leopard and wood armchair, might add some interest. but I really like how this fiddle leaf tree in the white pot adds some dimension to the corner