Houzz Logo Print
jody_sorrentino

need help with my family room

Hi,
I need to replace my couches in my family room. I’ve always had a plaid but I am thinking of going with a thin stripe. Also would like any suggestions on furniture lay out. Thanks,

コメント (11)

• chloebud
    5年前
    最終更新:5年前

Yes^^^I would definitely go with a sofa and 2 chairs in this case. You're wise to not do plaid again. A solid color would look better and be more calming in the space you have. If you're set on a stripe, maybe something very subtle for the chairs.

Sorry, you didn't ask but my eye was pulled to it. I like the framed art you have over the mantel. Think about hanging the two frames at the same height. About 5" above the mantel can work well.

• Jody Sorrentino
    質問の投稿者
    5年前
    Thank you! I will definitely try that. I agree with everything you said just having trouble seeing it, would the two chairs go by the bay window? I have two couches because it did give me the additional seating.
  • chloebud
    5年前

I would probably put the chairs by the bay window, but I'm not sure there's room. You don't want them out of 'conversation grouping' with the sofa. You also don't want furniture to look crammed in the space. You might remove the ficus tree, especially if it's not real. Rooms with some open space are nice. I'm not a pro, so see what some of them can suggest with furniture placement.

• decoenthusiaste
    5年前

Solid colors will be more enduring and won't get dated so quickly as prints. Do the prints with throw pillows. A 3-seat sofa and two upholstered armchairs are almost always failure proof when decorating a room. Are you blessed to have some nice hardwood under that shag carpet? What a difference that would make! I would almost opt for flooring instead of new sofas; it would totally change the room. Just keep the better sofa, sell the other one on Craig's List and add a new pair of armchairs.

• Jody Sorrentino
    質問の投稿者
    5年前
    Unfortunately there’s no wood floor there, we are getting new carpet so wood is a possibility. Thank you for the suggestions!
  • chloebud
    5年前

Jody, decoenthusiaste mentioned solid colors being more enduring. I've found that very true, especially when it comes to larger pieces of furniture.

• Jody Sorrentino
    質問の投稿者
    5年前
    I’m definitely going with sold colors now. I would like to get away from the brown. Maybe some soft blue or green.
  • PRO
    VRA Interiors, LLC
    5年前

Why not try smaller furniture? We think perhaps a sectional or a sofa and two chairs might work better. Here are a few designs of our designs that might help:

• PRO
    Monarch Sofas
    5年前

Hi Jody

we would love to help you create sofas or a sectional to perfectly fit your space. any size you need, any fabric or fill.

we are a family business making affordable custom sofas and custom sectionals in los angeles for over 50 years now.

please CLICK HERE TO REQUEST A QUOTE

xoxo eva @ MONARCHSOFAS.COM

***CLICK HERE TO VIEW HUNDREDS OF FINISHED CUSTOM SOFA SECTIONAL PROJECT

• J J
    5年前
    following