Houzz Logo Print
jesseccer

Size of spool?

Jesseccer
5年前
What is the size of the spa/pool? Do you house the equipment in a heated building nearby? I saw your other example of this at the DG property and wondering if this is successfully holding up to the winter elements in IL. I am in WI and considering putting this in with our new construction this year. Maybe you'd consult on the project? Thank you so much.
Architectural Reflections · 詳細

コメント (4)

• PRO
    Hursthouse Landscape Architects and Contractors
    5年前

Glad you like our projects. Yes, they hold up to Chicago or Wisconsin winters. The shells are made of gunite which is super rich concrete installed as a monolithic pour. This pool is 14' x 20'. The equipment could be put in a building but in both of these cases it is placed outside behind the feature wall. Just like an ac unit or a generator they are designed to be out in the elements. Please let me know how I can help.

Best,

Bob

• Jesseccer
    質問の投稿者
    5年前

Bob, thanks so much for your response. One last follow up question. What about the controls - are they remote or need to be accessible near the spool?

Jennifer

• PRO
    Hursthouse Landscape Architects and Contractors
    5年前

Hi Jennifer,

We typically set up in deck, pool side controls for easy access when you are in the water and a remote control you can use from in the house or anywhere in the back yard. The auto cover control will be wall mounted in open sight of the pool so you can see if anyone is in the pool when you are closing it.

The closer the pool equipment can be located to the pool the more efficient it will run. We always consider equipment placement carefully. I'd prefer not to see it so sometimes it is better to locate it a bit further away. Hope that all makes sense. Please let me know if we can be of further service.

Best,

Bob

• Jesseccer
    質問の投稿者
    5年前

Thanks again! Such good information, you do great work!