Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_31446484

Before and After - Family Kitchen

User
5年前

When our clients decided on their new home, they thankfully saw the potential in a dated but stunning traditional stone-built house.

The existing kitchen was tired, with cabinets and appliances which sorely needed replaced, and a layout which didn’t meet with today’s functional living requirements.

With three young boys there was the definite need to create a large family area where they could cook, eat and relax together. Walls were removed, rehoming a small utility elsewhere and extending the dining room to accommodate a large table and a lounge area at one end, created the open plan living they desired. The layout of the kitchen developed naturally with the shape of the space dictating the arrangement.

We developed a contemporary yet classic colour scheme with hand-painted cabinetry and brass accents. The paint finish was chosen due to the flexibility it offers when a few years down the line the family want to change the colour scheme, or touch up any little knocks caused by the kids!

An Egger melamine carcass was the perfect compliment to the colouring of the new Oak parquet flooring. We settled on a textured effect which has more interest than a standard Oak melamine often used. Real Oak veneer was used within glazed wall cabinets and solid oak drawer boxes finished off the cabinetry interiors perfectly.

During the rip out...

Once the room was ready we quickly made progress…

And Finally...

コメント (18)

• Daisy England
    5年前

What a great difference. Bet they love it.

UserさんはDaisy Englandさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    User
    質問の投稿者
    5年前

Thanks for the comment Daisy! They do love it and the kids think it's great sitting at the breakfast bar!

• Patrina
    5年前
    Fab brilliant transformation - kitchen Envy
    UserさんはPatrinaさんにお礼を言いました
  • Heather
    5年前
    Looks great, love the pendant lights above the island do you know where they were from?
  • PRO
    User
    質問の投稿者
    5年前

Hi Heather,

I don't but I did find these similar ones on Wayfair: https://www.wayfair.co.uk/lighting/pdp/searchlight-pyramid-1-light-cone-pendant-srl4859.html?piid=17706084

Hope this helps!

• LTS
    5年前
    Heath er they look like the Isaac range from Laura Ashley

https://www.lauraashley.com/en-gb/en/searchresults?q=Isaac+light
  • PRO
    Seven Design Service
    5年前

This is a stunning transformation!

UserさんはSeven Design Serviceさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Philip Clay Kitchen Designs LTD
    5年前

What great vision and a well executed project. We love the colours. Enjoy your stunning kitchen

UserさんはPhilip Clay Kitchen Designs LTDさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    FAIRFAX FLOORING
    5年前

Absolutely amazing! The colour scheme is just perfect. What flooring did you use please?

• Huw Buckley
    5年前

That is stunning!

• PRO
    Hampstead Design Hub
    5年前

Great transformation! The entrance door stands out a bit, but apart from that the room looks very beautiful

• E D
    5年前

Looking good.

The quality of the two photos with the new kitchen in situ look a little 'unnatural' to me. Almost as if they're computer generated. Are they digitally enhanced perhaps?

• PRO
    User
    質問の投稿者
    5年前

Hi ED,

No the kitchen does actually look this good!

• PRO
    User
    質問の投稿者
    5年前

Hi Fairfax Flooring,

We didn't specify the flooring but I believe it is a solid Rustic Oak, with a matt oiled finish.

• fclarkson
    5年前
    I see you have used what looks like a samsung Chef Collection fridge freezer. Can you tell me how much space you have to leave between the side of the appliance and the cabinets?
    Thanks
  • PRO
    User
    質問の投稿者
    5年前

Hi fclarkson,

It was actually a Kenwood KSBSDIX16 and the manufacturer recommends:

25 mm to the sides
    25 mm above

50 mm to the rear

Hope this helps!

• fclarkson