Houzz Logo Print
rehabear

Curious

Bunny Joy
5年前
I'm planning on painting my red brick prairie house a similar color and I'm wondering Why you chose to do white Windows vs. bronze color or black as so many other houses have. I like this look as well and I'm trying to decide on a bronze window frame or white like you have here. Also wether to go with a white or charcoal roof. Our out houses are Amish built tan with white Windows and charcoal metal roofs. One has a single panel down the middle of bronze stripe on it. This is my dilemma. I'd like to use cedar porch columns as we have a large covered porch. With cedar porch railing and maybe the pulled stainless wire look. Not sure what it's called. Any help on selection would be great!
Reinvented Farmhouse · 詳細

コメント (7)

• PRO
    MB architecture + design
    5年前
    Bunny Joy,
    While I do also love the look of a white farmhouse with black windows, with this particular design, we decided to match the windows with the siding colors (white with the house & red with the “barn”) because it was a softer, more cohesive look.
    Whether you decide to use black windows or white windows (I would not use bronze), a charcoal roof would look beautiful with either. I would not go with a white roof; The charcoal color is much more classic & too much white would be overwhelming. I do not usually match roof color with siding color unless the siding is in the brown or black color range.
  • Bunny Joy
    質問の投稿者
    5年前
    Yes that's exactly what I was trying to figure out; what it was about it that I liked. "It is a softer more cohesive look". The colors fit in nicely with the surrounding landscape as well. Thank you for sharing your expertise.
  • Bunny Joy
    質問の投稿者
    5年前
    One more question :) I just realized that there are no shutters on the house. I'm wondering about that because most houses do. What made you decide not too?
  • PRO
    MB architecture + design
    5年前

Unless the shutters are going to actually be used, I do not put them on houses. Few people up here open and close shutters.

• Bunny Joy
    質問の投稿者
    5年前
    Oh I see. Thank you again for all your help!
  • Bunny Joy
    質問の投稿者
    5年前
    Oh btw I ordered some James Hardie plank in Artic White. But it seems a bit whiter than what's in the picture. I know lighting is a factor but was there a name of the white paint color used?
  • PRO
    MB architecture + design
    5年前
    最終更新:5年前

Once installed, the painter did a final coat with Benjamin Moore paint to match Arctic White in an exterior soft gloss finish.