didomalam

Dark north facing lounge

Dee Malam
5年前
Ideas and inspiration welcome

コメント (6)

• Doe Stewart
    5年前
    Goodness me, your room looks very like mine - same problem as north facing. We have ours painted elephants breath at the minute but time to redecorate and at a loss !!
  • Carolina
    5年前

Hi,

I think that removing the blinds, or replacing them with some that don't have a scalloped edge, will make a difference already.

I would have lighter coloured curtains, a large rug and some patterned cushions.

• janegrayshon
    5年前
    I would remove the blinds and curtains and put either a white shutter or a Venetian type blind with tapes up. Stick to pale green and off whites and add colour in the form of cushions and throws and add a rug, keep furniture light if possible, my lounge is quite dark as it's east facing I chose a pale green and it looks fab, good luck
  • Carolina
    5年前

Oh, I forgot to mention that painting the windowsill white, will also make a difference.

• PRO
    Flippa Interiors Ltd
    5年前
    最終更新:5年前

Hi Dee - If you'd like to lighten the room then I suggest removing the curtains and blinds and replacing with light plantation / venetian blind. Paint the window sill white. Introduce colour and interest in the rest of the room through well chosen cushions, throw and rug. Also don't forget lighting can play a really big part in helping a dark room feel more interesting - think about creating pools of light with different task lights (you can get great statement pieces inexpensively). The other way to look at this room is to stop fighting its natural tendency to darkness and positively embrace it. Paint your walls a dark inky hue and make this space cosy and inviting. You'll be surprised and how well this approach works. Sometimes trying to make a dark room feel light just makes it feel dingy, whereas celebrating its dark nature brings out warmth and character and creates a jewel in the crown. A conversation piece. Check out Abigail Aherne - she is a big advocate of this style. I painted my sitting room a dark blue and it is endlessly admired by visitors to the house, I have encouraged clients of mine to be braver with colour and you may find like they have that it gives you more options than you first thought you had.