Houzz Logo Print
dillbert12

SMALL Dining Room Thoughts? (Mix and match table and chairs?)

dillbert12
5年前
I posted recently about my TINY dining room and a search for an eating arrangement. I have found a table that’s 3 feet wide by 5feet 8 inches but it can extend to 7 feet. I also thought a bench would be easiest on the one side since it’s also the side of the main entrance my family uses to exit/enter the house. Not a big fan of the bench idea but it’s practical. I don’t like the bench that comes with the set and have found a different one. Any thoughts on mixing and matching. Also, finding it hard to swallow paying $1520 for 4 chairs when they have similar style ones at HomeSense. I am afraid that if I pick the chairs/table separately that I won’t love it. Any thoughts? Or, do I spend the $$ on the chairs and just get a separate velvet tufted dining bench?? SORRY FOR THE LONG POST!

コメント (14)

• dillbert12
    質問の投稿者
    5年前
    The bottom dining table is different from the one pictured in the set and I would need to find chairs but use the tufted bench pictured. Here is my dining room too!
  • PRO
    FORBES MASTERS
    5年前

Hi

We love mixing and matching, especially when it comes to a dining room set. By not just going out and buying a dining set you will be able to really cultivate your space and curate the items in it. We agree that the bench is probably the most functional solution for the space and would reccomend placing it on the side with the painting as to not cover up the beautiful art you have chosen. Our suggestion on mixing material is make sure that it looks intentional. If you choose different materials (i.e. the color wood on the table versus the color of the wood on the bench legs) that are only slightly off it may look as though you tried to match but you were not quite able to find the exact color. We hope this helps. Happy Decorating!

• sheloveslayouts
    5年前
    最終更新:5年前

You need a trestle table base. A bench with a four legged table is super awkward. Think about getting in and out. I have forgotten a lot about your previous thread, but I'm confident this is not the best solution.

• PRO
    NIELSEN DYE DESIGN, INC.
    5年前

Sorry but in your "tiny area" situation I would not suggest the bench. I think it would be super awkward in a tiny space to get in-and-out of where as a chair would be a bit easier. If you want to mix-and-match try not to over do it in a tiny space....I would suggest to keep the area simple and clean lines, with all of the chairs matching.

• houssaon
    5年前

Is this dining space going to be used on a daily basis or only occasionally? Since it is tiny, avoid fully upholstered pieces.

• dillbert12
    質問の投稿者
    5年前
    Here’s 2 different types of chairs that I like. I WAS NOT GOING TO USE THEM TOGETHER!! Also, we won’t be using this table on a regular basis. It will be used for special occasions etc.
  • lizziesma
    5年前

While I like the look of a dining bench, sitting on one for any length of time is not appealing.

• dillbert12
    質問の投稿者
    5年前
    I could always move it out and replace with the chairs I have in my front room. I just thought it wld b practical since we use the back entrance to the house as the main way in.
  • dillbert12
    質問の投稿者
    5年前
    How about this one but in the size I need? Btw, I HATE the chairs so table only!
  • sheloveslayouts
    5年前

It looks too big. In the other thread wasn't it determined you were constrained to about a 32x60" table to not be too big for the space.

• dillbert12
    質問の投稿者
    5年前
    I can get it made in any size I want!! It would be 3 feet by 6 feet with the option for a leaf. It would totally fit my space.
  • dillbert12
    質問の投稿者
    5年前
    Or I could do 3 feet by 5 feet! The possibilities are endless!!
  • dillbert12
    質問の投稿者
    5年前
    How about this one?
PR