Houzz Logo Print
gloryharris

Oven, stove in corner of kitchen bench

Can you successfully put an oven in the corner joined by cupboards on each side.

コメント (7)

• oklouise
    5年前

how would you open the oven door? we need the sizes of the room and cabinets and oven etc to be able to make any suggestions

• PRO
    Dr Retro House Calls
    5年前

Yes you can, but there is no benefit. As mentioned previously it is spatially inefficient, and a bit tricky for your cabinetmaker (who will charge extra for his trouble). I have seen it done in American kitchens in very large homes where there is metres and metres of spare space, but most Aussie homes have smaller kitchens and more efficient layouts.

The Vidabelo · 詳細

Best of luck,

Dr Retro

of Dr Retro House Calls

BUILD Architecture Award 2018 · 詳細

• Gloria Harris
    質問の投稿者
    5年前
    Thanks. I'd still like to do it as I could use that space around the stove when cooking. However am now concerned about how the exhaust fan fits in. Darn!
  • siriuskey
    5年前

The same principal for the exhaust and once again extra costs involved. Do you have a floor plan/ photos you could share to give us a better idea of what your space is, cheers

• PRO
    Henry and Co Interiors
    5年前
    最終更新:5年前

I would not suggest doing this as there would then be wasted space in the corner cupboard and you generally want to maximise the storage space in a kitchen.

There must be other layout where the oven can be placed not in the corner :)

Sometimes it can be worth engaging with a designer such as myself to help achieve the best layout possible & make it functional for the space :)

• robarillo
    昨年

I want to do the same to free up a ‘stretch’ of bench space, rather than having only small work areas in the corner and ends of our small L shape.
    I am talking stove top only as oven will be in a tower with microwave. That means the cupboard underneath can utilise the whole space, albeit with relatively small door (430mm).
    We would have to offset the range hood on the adjacent wall due to window position but have been advised the modern hoods are powerful enough to extract steam without necessarily being positioned absolutely over the hot plates.