Houzz Logo Print
webuser_76115090759222811538053872

Help with living/dining?

Victoria
5年前
I am a first time poster, so apologies if I am not formatting this correctly!
I am moving into a 777 sq ft apartment next month. (pictures are from the model) I want to have a farmhouse touch to my the apartment, but I am having a hard time figuring out how to make everything flow and how to go about everything. (Furniture/decor wise)

I currently have:
-An ash gray sofa and loveseat
-tv stand
-light grey Windsor dining chairs

I need advice on how to tie this together, and advice on a dining and coffee table? I’m scared that what I have doesn’t match!

コメント (21)

• everdebz
    5年前
    最終更新:5年前

Does your apartment have the model's flooring, and white paint? If it's a mix of light neutrals: sort of warm and some grey - warm wood helps -- try accents of amber wood - instead of antique white of console ??

Cascade Mountain Home · 詳細

• everdebz
    5年前

Small place - neutrals and texture - I like how simple this is, and shade is almost a light wood tone.

25" Traditional Stonebrook Table Lamp In Antique Mercury Glass w/ Burlap Shade · 詳細

[https://www.houzz.com/products/24-stonebrook-antique-mercury-glass-table-lamp-prvw-vr~28991184[(https://www.houzz.com/products/24-stonebrook-antique-mercury-glass-table-lamp-prvw-vr~28991184)

• everdebz
    5年前

Maybe rug or pillow could include sofa color [and some grey that's in kitchen] - Blue in art, etc. could echo backsplash's cool tone.

Surya Vincent 20"x20" Medium Square Pillow Cover · 詳細
    Austin 26" Counterstool, Klein Azure With Antique Bronze Nailheads · 詳細

• Victoria
    質問の投稿者
    5年前
    I hope I am replying to you correctly since I am a newbie on here, Everdebz!! I love your ideas, and my “splash of color” is actually blue :)

What I am worried about most is my dining table set, tv stand, and coffee table coming together? I have not purchased the dining table or coffee table.

I was thinking for dining, a 48” round wood table top stained like this with the gray Windsor chairs pictured above. But I am unsure if it goes nicely together or with the rest of my open area! :(
  • Victoria
    質問の投稿者
    5年前
    Essentially, I would loveeee the farmhouse themed. I just don’t know if I’ll be able to pull it off due to the modernness of the actual apartment
  • everdebz
    5年前

I'd include the 'majority' colors there, contemporary as they look -- as you did with nubby-natural sofa fabric / console style. Keep that going but don't add all country brights unless --- you buy transitional style.

• Victoria
    質問の投稿者
    5年前
    Do you think that the wood from the dining, coffee table, tv stand, and gray Windsor chairs will look okay? Or should I choose a different coffee table?
  • PRO
    Bayberry Cottage
    5年前

Maybe adding in a colorful rug with your blue accent color will help bring everything together?

Lakeshore Inspired · 詳細

Azalea Cottage - Living Room · 詳細

• everdebz
    5年前

I'd think you'll have to wait on the tv console too - it seems so creamy and might not go at all...idk. Use a card table to eat, with tablecloth if that helps.

• Victoria
    質問の投稿者
    5年前
    This is a better picture I found from the reviews of the tv stand. Many people described it as an antique white.
  • Irene Morresey
    5年前
    You could go for a dark blue tv console and blue ottoman with tray, breaks up all the different woods. A thought
  • everdebz
    5年前

Good way to put it -- "break up all the woods" -- especially if they are sooo different in the same area. Not being there, idk but seems the warm creamy white might not complement the kitchen, and there are other options you'd like.

• Victoria
    質問の投稿者
    5年前
    I see what you are saying! unfortunately I already have it and can’t return :(
  • Katherine Gubler
    5年前
    what size table do you have? just curious. i have a small place too.
  • Victoria
    質問の投稿者
    5年前
    I bought a 48 inch table! The table in the model I saw (the same pictures I posted) seemed to be anywhere from 45-48. I’ll post a better picture now for a better reference for you!
  • Victoria
    質問の投稿者
    5年前
    I actually just found the exact table online, and it is indeed 48! This model apartment is 769 sq ft. I hope that helps :)
  • PRO
    Shoa Gallery
    5年前

Check out our artwork for ideas. Large scale artwork can bring a lot of interest into your space: www.shoagallery.com

• kulrn
    5年前

LR by kulrn | Olioboard · 詳細

• everdebz
    5年前

I like houzzers' posts - but my point about cabinets color, though merely on end of the open space - is that they cover more area e than tv unit....kulrn has a nice neutral look, good for you?

I thought of a way to say it: I wouldn't want my cabinets to be the only thing that color - sometimes I guess it wouldn't matter, know what i mean?

• everdebz
    5年前

Metal with rust-olive finish, dull, but could leave room for patterned rug/ pillows whatever.... maybe you have art? 30 x 60"

Uttermost Amadahy Metal Wall Art · 詳細

[https://www.houzz.com/products/uttermost-amadahy-metal-wall-art-prvw-vr~110438624[(https://www.houzz.com/products/uttermost-amadahy-metal-wall-art-prvw-vr~110438624)